Answer expired

Alphabetize

senseworld
5 years ago

I am using JS and an intercepting proxy to try and beat this level and after much trial and error got the list correctly sorted and submitted. Now I just get the answer expired error. I have tried opening the page in an new tab rather than refreshing, and hitting submit for a new word set. I am in the US and tethered to a phone for net access, is this the problem? It’s really laggy, and my IP is in a different time zone.

4replies
2voices
211views
fred [feuerstein]
5 years ago

You could easily use the console (F12) for this

senseworld
5 years ago

I’m sure that’s helpful for somebody, but I have no Idea what you are talking about. How is opening the console more helpful than an intercepting proxy and why? I opened it, there’s nothing but a couple warnings there. I don’t know any way to inject code into a page except intercepting proxies. I mean my bad I know, but hitting f12 doesn’t really give me any help?

senseworld
5 years ago | edited 5 years ago

So @feuerstein was right about using the console rather than an intercepting proxy, but that’s because timings are important on this level. If you have a laggy internet connecion it’s going to kick you the answer expired error. Get on a better connection to complete this level, and console is faster than burp, zap or webscarab.

senseworld
5 years ago

Spoiler: I also had to recode my attack after switching to the console. A couple of minutes of google will probably show you the way.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 5

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss