nmap not working on datacard

Map it

Harry_Kione
9 years ago

nmap isn’t running the scans on my laptop due to the data card and nmap doesn’t work on nmap. Is there any software which may work on data-cards. Its really hurts I worked the whole day on it to work but it just states only ethernet devices can be used.

18replies
6voices
542views
Mugi [Mugiwara27]
9 years ago

What ? Nmap doesn’t work on nmap ?
Just run nmap and that’s all !
You don’t need to configure some settings or I don’t know what..

Harry_Kione
9 years ago

I tried everything but it still it gives the error that only ethernet devices can be used for raw scans on windows. Although I figured out a way by using –unprivileged switch but without the switch it doesn’t work

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
9 years ago

It’s strange, I don’t use ethernet but I can perform a Nmap scan without any problem

tl0tr
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

@Harry_Kione : That is exactly how you need to use nmap on Windows. You have to use that –unprivileged switch to make the command work. You can boot using a live Linux OS like backtrack or Kali Linux and then use the nmap command to find the answer. This is just an alternative.

PS: I just checked the command on Windows and it works with the unprivileged switch. So you don’t need the alternative. Good Luck.

Harry_Kione
9 years ago

wow thanks a lot now i can do something to solve this level…:P

nicotacco
9 years ago

You can find some good scanner even online!

Harry_Kione
9 years ago

will you please give me some examples of scanners I know some like ncat upgrade version of netcat but except that for windows version??

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
9 years ago

nmap is a good one

tl0tr
9 years ago

Remember that you need to find a suspisious service and what do these services run on? Once you get the answer to that then use the nmap accordingly to find the answer.

Harry_Kione
9 years ago

how to get root privilege in windows???? Its absurd cause there is no root in windows again I am using the –unprivileged mode by default so I think I need some other product … any help???

Zewo
9 years ago

Get Namp - Zenmap GUI for windows =)
Worked perfectly for me !
You just have to run the right thing

Harry_Kione
9 years ago

yes it works for windows on Ethernet devices not on datacards like dongles etc…Its mentioned on the nmap.org itself…as windows has pulled restrictions on raw tcp/ip sockets after xp…my badluck i m using window7..if there is no replacement for nmap then i will solve it later after having linux os now i m doing other rounds already completed main basic 1 to 6 all javascript and intermediate 1-4 in 3 days…

dloser
9 years ago

Didn’t you say that it worked with –unprivileged? You can run things as administrator by right-clicking and selecting “Run as administrator”. Also make sure you know what it is actually scanning for; it might not be what you think it is.

B.t.w., you don’t need nmap to solve this. There are other options. For example, it’s not that hard to make your own program for it.

Harry_Kione
9 years ago

when you are using –unprivileged mode you don’t have root access so it doesn’t let me do fingerprinting scanning one can’t access -O -A etc switches in this mode

Harry_Kione
9 years ago

I spent the whole day searching for a way then used all forums with similar problem all answered that it can’t be done in windows 7 with datacard cuz no raw tcp/ip socket and i dont know how to create it or work around it

dloser
9 years ago

Question is, do you need those special options? Do you really need raw sockets?

[quote=http://nmap.org/book/inst-windows.html]Nmap only supports ethernet interfaces (including most 802.11 wireless cards and many VPN clients) for raw packet scans. Unless you use the -sT -Pn options, RAS connections (such as PPP dialups) and certain VPN clients are not supported.[/quote]

Harry_Kione
9 years ago

this level requires aggressive scanning doesn’t it???if yes then as much as i have researched today all answers were i can’t do root privileged scannings but i might have missed something….Isn’t there any other scanning software please

dloser
9 years ago

No, it doesn’t require aggressive scanning. In fact, I would advise against it as it is less reliable.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 19

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss