You need to install firebug

Hope it helps

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
11 years ago

Well that depends on the browser you are using:
Firefox, firebug will be useful
Chrome, inspect element is already available
IE, just no

You can also complete the level quite easily without editing the page, look at how forms work and it should be fairly straight forward.

Mr.HeX
11 years ago

I`m using chrome but where is inspect element :(

J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

Click the Right Mouse Button and you will find it

yup , you just need to inspect element it…. and you will need to change one of the name…

Shailz [shailz]
11 years ago

Changed the Name but it doesn’t appear on the drop box?

[deleted user]
11 years ago

Firefox made an improvement n added inspect element in its V18 but i still have firebug i case needed :)

Arcanorum
11 years ago

I can’t edit it with inspect element.

[deleted user]
11 years ago

Here, you need understand that a request is sent to server. A something is agent that intercept a packet and can possible to edit this packet. This agent is you.

Arcanorum
11 years ago

I don’t want to be a nuisance, but I don’t exactly know what you mean all I can think to do is copy it and edit it in notepad++ and launch it but none of the links work.

[deleted user]
11 years ago

Let’s try burp suite. How to use burp suite on google. It’s easy to edit packet from intermediately :)

Pawda [Memoria]
11 years ago

Oh god, too much pain for nothing, don’t tell me someone used wireshark or made his own packet editor to solve this level xD…

daMage
11 years ago

@Memoria:
Exactly. Burp suite is overkill for this level. On the other hand, it’s good thing to know how to use intercepting proxies. I personally prefer ZAProxy over the free Burp edition, and probably won’t purchase Burp for my personal use..

[deleted user]
11 years ago

@daMage: All time I used burp suite for intercept packet. I’ll try ZaProxy. Thanks.

[deleted user]
11 years ago

Did anyone try editing any other than John?

Matron
11 years ago

how to change the name?

[deleted user]
11 years ago

yo
stop giving him the answer -.-
inspect element yeah, its very clever to use !

Inspect elements can change values and stuff ! try to change something in there :d

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 20

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss