Reading notepad codes basic level 1

24 bit

pedro [zzniceboyzz]
11 years ago

i need help i really dont know what im looking at when i downloaded the notepad file do i need others source to read those codes or something??

15replies
13voices
366views
clouwdpaw
11 years ago

try to save it as a *** file then the user and pass should work

rexor12
11 years ago

You should try opening it with other programs. You know you can always rename file extensions. :)

awesomenesspigs
11 years ago

i need help really bad plz help me!

The Sandman [NaeNasty]
11 years ago

i suck Im still on the part when i get the code everyone is looking at. IDK how to get it and what do i do when in done

abumohammad
11 years ago

haw to change exten??????

daMage
11 years ago

1) show extensions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/865219
2) rename file to change the extension

Sinatra03
10 years ago

rexor12
Thank you…your comment clicked with me :)

Barata
10 years ago

what extension we need?

wider
10 years ago

then how to change it

Barata
10 years ago

Guys, can i told him how to change an extension? or will be deleted?

Troy [TroyMac1ure]
10 years ago

It’s fine. Changing an extension doesn’t have anything to do with hacking. Knowing what to change it to and using your ability to decipher what type of file it is is the key here.
If you cannot see file extensions in windows, click “Tools -> Folder options -> View Tab”
Uncheck “Hide extensions for known file types”.
After this you can just click on the file and either goto “File -> Rename” or hit F2.

Pawda [Memoria]
10 years ago

[quote source=TroyMac1ure ]Changing an extension doesn’t have anything to do with hacking.[/quote]

“anything” , maybe not, I remember one fps in p2p where the files where just hidden with a .s4l extension and where actually simple .rar containing xml and lua files. Extract those and editing the xml was allowing you to change your weapon strength or a way to got infinite health point ..
So god created the client-server-client architecture. And god saw that it was good.

Troy [TroyMac1ure]
10 years ago

I wasn’t trying to say that a hacker doesn’t need to know how to change an extension, but that changing an extension has to with your knowledge of being able to use the operating system. In this case if you looked at the file header you would see it was a rar type file. Also, this sounds like apretty weak protection scheme.

Pawda [Memoria]
10 years ago

Actually no .rar header, its used a funny trick but still get recognized by rar.
[quote from=“TroyMac1ure”] Also, this sounds like apretty weak protection scheme.[/quote]
Yes it is but wasn’t a big and famous antivirus/firewall company get defaced and lost all their heuristic base by a level 1 sql injection ?
I think the guy designed this thought it was safe and you actually don’t know if someone didn’t proceed same as him.. who knows.. the rules seems like more it’s important more it’s weak.
When private server made by kids tends to be more secure than real server.. you can ask yourself some questions.

xxKRUxx
10 years ago

please help me guys!!! I’m stuck….

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 16

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss