Hacker0614
10 years ago

i have tried everything and i believe that <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd”> has something but i realy dont know can you give me a hint at what to do please

19replies
6voices
343views
Pawda [Memoria]
10 years ago

well first, it has nothing to do with the line you gave. This is just a common header for html files.
Read the hint and other topic in this section, many clues are dispatched if not too much.

Hacker0614
10 years ago

Okay i completely understand what a robot.txt is but now i need to know how to find it and i cant find anything the best i have seen is talking aboout a wwwroot or something

Kabue
10 years ago

If you completely understand what a robot.txt is, you would know that it’s robots.txt and not robot.txt…. ;) and then you would also understand where and how to find it……
So, go read some more about it. That would be great ^_^
-Kabue

Hacker0614
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

Is this a robots.txt?
User-agent: *
Allow: /
[removed]

Edit: removed spoiler

J [ColdIV]
10 years ago

What does it say in your URL bar..?

Yes it is one and you should delete it because it’s kind of a spoiler..

Pawda [Memoria]
10 years ago

@Hacker0614 Now read it and think about what you can do with it.

Hacker0614
10 years ago

Oh sorry about that i didnt think about that as a spoiler

Tony [tomcat1118]
10 years ago

I’m really confused. I’ve gotten the robots.txt open and see the Disallows. Do I need to edit them in html? If so, any hints on what to change?

Wibben
10 years ago

no, robots.txt is a list of what things a search engine can’t find, and one of them, very conveniently, is a file where the password and username for the level are kept.

Tony [tomcat1118]
10 years ago

Alright so I cannot change the robots.txt - Could you guide me in the right general direction of what to try to do now? I don’t mean to sound like I’m asking you to hand feed me but I really can’t think of anything else to do. ):

Wibben
10 years ago

look through the files that were hidden from search engines, if you read english it would be obvious where your password is kept.

Tony [tomcat1118]
10 years ago

Well, if it were so obvious to someone who’s skill was at Main level 7, there would not be posts asking for help sir/ma'am. I’m obviously pretty new to this if I’m on this level and having trouble.
If I need to look through the files that are hidden from search engines, how do I do that?

Wibben
10 years ago

Look at the “Disallows”, what do they say? Does one seems to be in the “levels” directory? Does one seem unnecessarily specific? Does one seem to be pointing towards a specific file? If so, put that behind hackthis.co.uk and be done with this level.

Tony [tomcat1118]
10 years ago

As I said, no need to be rude to someone who doesn’t understand something. I’m sure you wouldn’t have appreciated it when you were at this stage of your learning.

Wibben
10 years ago

I’m not being rude, I’m asking you questions that you may have not thought about, hopefully pointing you in the right direction. But As I said, think about what things are disallowed.

Hacker0614
10 years ago

Thank you wibben i have been stuck on this for days but i had no nidea what to do

Hacker0614
10 years ago

Wait i found the password from robots.txt file but is the user found the same

J [ColdIV]
10 years ago

If you found the password then you should have found the username as well
But no they are not the same.

Wibben
10 years ago

the first one is the username, and the second one is the password.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 20

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss