I can't do it TT I i don't know why!

Alphabetize

aslan1433
9 years ago

Here is my problem:

I' create another HTML page with one textarea and a button. It works like this: you enter the words with the commas in the text area, you click the button and with one function the text of the textarea is ordered alphabetically and selected.
I copy that text and put into the “answer” textarea of the level, and I have yet 1-3 secons of the timer. But when I submit, the result is that I have an incorrect answer…..

To see who return the text my textarea I will put an example.
If I enter this text:
while, neither, should, with, what, she, across, other, among, yet, then, able, also, are, too, these, nor, twas, into, let, from
It returns this:
able, across, also, among, are, into, let, neither, nor, other, she, should, then, these, too, twas, what, while, with, yet

No space at the first word or the end word and between word it put a comma and then one space…. :/ :/

Does anyone know what is happening?

And sorry for my english level,
Aslan1433

18replies
8voices
280views

The levels with time limits are down for the moment, you have to wait until flabby fixes it :s
https://www.hackthis.co.uk/forum/level-discussion/coding-levels/coding-level-1/12044-answer-has-expired?page=1#latest

aslan1433
9 years ago

Aaaah, okeey.

I haven’t seen that topic srry ^^

Thnx bro!

No problem :D

? [bolofecal]
9 years ago

Your answer don’t have ‘from’. You can make the code directly in url or console. Search by javascript array functions will help you.

Roknix
9 years ago

u just have to know, what strings really are :)

aslan1433
8 years ago

what strings really are? I don’t understand what you want to say :/ :/

But, it’s cuz I have an error or cuz a server problem with the time limits?? TT

? [bolofecal]
8 years ago

Words (characters) and maybe numbers are strings, e.g. “lkdnfo”, “hackthis”, “h4ckth15”. If you have problem with time limit you should use a script in the browser’s console.

dloser
8 years ago

Strings are sequences of characters. I have no idea why @Roknix brought that up, though. :/

@aslan1433: Your code is broken (as mentioned by @bolofecal) and there is a server problem (as mentioned by @RichardBrook**).

? [bolofecal]
8 years ago

If you used a loop to catch the words, maybe you used the ‘,’ to recognize each word, I used this method too and my script not catch the last word (like in your example), so after concert it my script it worked.

But is better use the array functions, it is more simple. JS have own functions to manipulate arrays.

aslan1433
8 years ago

aaaaaah!! okeey. It’s truee B)

I see it now jejeje. The last wod dont appear at the “result” text.

Thnx all for the replies friends!! :D :D :D

Tomorrow I will correct my code, and i’ll told you if it works good.

See u,
Aslan1433

tehron
8 years ago

Good luck then!

also from dloser

aslan1433
8 years ago

thmx both!!! :) :p

tehron
8 years ago

you’re welcome

? [bolofecal]
8 years ago

Good luck, come back tomorrow and tell for us about your results.

nakee
8 years ago

I really think that the real challenge is to built the get/post code or the copypaste gui.
I don’t think there is anyone who did coding 1 and got stuck in coding 2 because he couldn’t order some words..

tl0tr
8 years ago

Use javascript to code.

Coding 1 is not that hard.

Coding 2 is really something.

That’s just because I suck in coding.

aslan1433
8 years ago

Sorry for be back late guys….

Finally y do it!! I’ve correct my code and it works fine.

Thnx all for your help! :D :D

nakee
8 years ago

@aslan1433 Great job!:)

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 19

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss