Intermediate 6 == very hard

Sandra Murphy

p4p1 [lexostras]
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

Ok so it has been a few days that I am on this level, I read a lot of threads and read a lot of OWASP stuff and I did level 1 of sqli but for some reason I still can’t do it. After some research I managed to create this injection:

lol' or 1=1 or realname/text()=‘Sandra Murphy or 'a’=‘a

I don’t know why it does not work. I saw a thread just before that had the same kind of question and I feel bad for asking again, but can someone please help me….

14replies
6voices
281views
? [bolofecal]
9 years ago

According to the description of same level it isn’t use SQL, looking the link in the hint of site i think that is XML, but I don’t complete this level yet, I’m not sure.

p4p1 [lexostras]
9 years ago

Thx @bolofecal but I already knew that :( The big problem is that I cam’t figure out how to write down the injection….

dloser
9 years ago

Perhaps try understanding what you are doing? You don’t know why it doesn’t work because you don’t understand what you are actually entering. As I said before, learn XPath and play with it. Don’t randomly combine snippets you saw somewhere and hope it works.

darkcyber
9 years ago

@lexostras have you read my thread ? with tittle Stuck at Logic ? read it carefully try to understand what i do , and you can solve in one shoot, really. anyway your payload is verryyy really close.. yeah verrryyy really close, but your injection logic is wrong :p just correct a little and make correct order, as im doing in my thread. i can solve after 63 attemps :p just check my thread with Stuck At Logic. :p

nakee
9 years ago

It is hard, I was also stuck with it for a while.
it’s a bit of a headache to understand how xpath injections suppose to work.

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
9 years ago

Not that hard, just need to search on the forum + use google and test things

nakee
9 years ago

@Mugiwara27 true, but I wanted to solve it myself. Looking in google usually just gives you the answer..

p4p1 [lexostras]
9 years ago

thanks a lot for the suport @nakee @Mugiwara27 and @darkcyber . I’ll continue searching :)

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
9 years ago

[quote=“nakee”]
Mugiwara27 true, but I wanted to solve it myself. Looking in google usually just gives you the answer..
[/quote]
If you don’t know how it works you can’t solve it, learn Xpath first

nakee
9 years ago

@Mugiwara27 Yes, I had to do that. And therefore it was harder than other levels. That all I said.
My suggestion to whomever try to solve this level:
learn xpath, then read about injections then it becomes simpler

p4p1 [lexostras]
9 years ago

Hy me again so I did what you guys told me, and I have to thank you for helping me. So I just got some different errors this time with an error with request .
Am I getting there??

So to get that error I read about boolean and that was the tick for the operators, then I read and watched a video about xpath and how they work. And I read again about XML data base but really doing my best to undersrand EVERYTHING . And I read an OWASP article about xpath injections to….

After learning all of this I don’t really get on how to syntax the injection. I understand that it is someway like this: test' 1=1 or … or … and … or ….. and that it needs to be true at the end so that it works but I still can’t find the awnser please help again.

PS: sorry if this is to repetitive

darkcyber
9 years ago

@lexostras

Read my thread here
https://www.hackthis.co.uk/forum/level-discussion/intermediate-levels/intermediate-level-6/12311-stuck-at-logic

You just need to correct the order :p

TRUE statement on SQLI and XPATH Injection on OWASP is close enough if you understand :D

p4p1 [lexostras]
9 years ago

hey @darkcyber thx for the help but I don’t really understand why your post is not working to….
So I did what you did changed around stuff testing out the order ad got a few of the error with request but I don’t understand why your injection does not work and what is the point of the order because your injection looks perfect to me

x' or realname/text()=‘Sandra Murphy’ or ‘1’=‘1
for me this is the equivalent to:
0 or 1 or 1 == 1
False or True or True == True
and however you order it the value will always be 1 or True

So i really don’t get your point i’ll continue searching in that path because you managed to finish it like that but I still find this pretty strange :s

p4p1 [lexostras]
9 years ago

OH MAN I FEELL DUMP :D :D :D I just got it you where right @darkcyber it was kind of the order I was missing the most important part in my injection thank you a lot now it is all clear to me…
thanks to the guy that made this level because it was chalenging :D
and thanks to all that helped me :)

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 15

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss