Level Answers

Gninja
10 years ago

This isn’t so much a level Idea but a level mod. Imagine doing a level however the answer is always different for every user that attempts it, this way there will be no need to worry about people posting answers . The only give away would be the method used, but the individual would still have to carry out the steps. What do you think? please post thoughts.

14replies
9voices
572views
J [ColdIV]
10 years ago

Like the BLX level? Guess that would be a lot work.. and honestly it’s not worth the work for the main levels.
Might be nice for some other levels but.. if someone gives away the solution then he will also be able to give away the way to get the solution. So it might be nice but I think there are thing that are more important and should be done before.

Gninja
10 years ago

Yep like the BLX, I’m sure it would be a lot of work but it would only involve using the original levels as templates and randomly generating a usernames and passwords. Just out of curiosity how long did it take to put together the current levels?

daMage
10 years ago

and with SQLi levels, you simply can’t.. think of SQLi1 for example…

? [djsimon21]
10 years ago

Gninja I think you are on the right path. It would be a good idea if each user had a different answers for each level. Will be nice to get some more levels like Real level 4 and 6 and some levels with more coding.

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
10 years ago

Where answers are fixed for each level it would be trivial to make these unique to each user … and is what is going to happen in the next version. As @daMage pointed out it will not be possible for every level. Even if users are following simple instructions the dynamic answers would require them to navigate to the answer, which is good enough in my opinion :p and hopefully they will learn something.

As well as this some though is going into producing a filter that checks posts within the forum to remove spoilers automatically. Hopefully this will minimize the number of spoilers and not rely on moderators.

Gninja
10 years ago

Cool :) cant wait for the next version

? [djsimon21]
10 years ago

Looking forward to the next version of the site :)

heavenlyMe
10 years ago

Where answers are fixed for each level it would be trivial to make these unique to each user … and is what is going to happen in the next version. As daMage pointed out it will not be possible for every level. Even if users are following simple instructions the dynamic answers would require them to navigate to the answer, which is good enough in my opinion :p and hopefully they will learn something.

As well as this some though is going into producing a filter that checks posts within the forum to remove spoilers automatically. Hopefully this will minimize the number of spoilers and not rely on moderators.
Great, this will make this site better and more better :)

nemeshT
10 years ago

you can try generate an answer according to something uniqe for each user (like his own username into ASCII code multiplied by blablabla…)
like that I think each user will have his own answer.
but again, the path to finding the answer would stay the same.

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
10 years ago

@nemeshT that is exactly how the BLX codes are generated currently and probably how the new system will work :)

nemeshT
10 years ago

great minds think alike :P

Abhishek [abhirishi7]
10 years ago

i think more of the sqli and real levels should be made. they make it more interesting.
@flabbyrabbit blx codes are generated based on usernames.that’s something nice to know.

ahmed g b [cap-jack]
10 years ago

level 4 main , pls help

? [djsimon21]
10 years ago

look again in the source code and use the hint “hidden field” and do something with that

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 15

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss