Help please? <3

HTTP method

Tony [tomcat1118]
10 years ago

I’ve read through the wiki and some youtube videos, but I have no idea what to actually “do”. ): Anyone want to share some wisdom please?

26replies
18voices
1,470views
Cosmic Guardian [Cosmic_Guardian]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

What do you mean? Do you not know how to use POST?

Tony [tomcat1118]
10 years ago

Yeah, that’s what I mean. I’ve read through several pages and it just isn’t clicking for me. :c

Tony [tomcat1118]
10 years ago

I got it with a Youtube video holding my hand. I needed it, though, because it just NOW dawned on me that I need to learn basic html stuff. I didn’t even know that’s what it WAS lol. Off to more studying, thanks! (:

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Tomcat one learns by doing and not by seeing !!!
First give it a hard try by yourself and still not then you have forum !!!

Tony [tomcat1118]
10 years ago

I know that IAmDevil, I cannot “do” without “seeing” first. I would have no idea what, how, where, or why to “do' anything if I don’t look first. Also, if you read my above comments you’d know I did try to research/etc. before coming here.
Thanks though.

Troy [TroyMac1ure]
10 years ago

I had at least one level like that where I found the answer first, as I had no background with it what was happening, then studied to understand what was going on. From that point I was able to learn more faster. When you look at something all the time, it’s hard to remember just how mind boggling it was before you first saw it.
The key is to not just get all the answers from various sources and then say I can hack, but to try and struggle through the problem solving portion of it, research and learn like what you are doing.

You need to create a way to “POST” info to the page!

? [djsimon21]
10 years ago

Well you have the password so and you know you need to “POST” what uses POST a form so there is your hint :)

Tony [tomcat1118]
10 years ago

So, I have a question on POST method.

Now, on this line does it matter if I put the method or action first, or can it be done in any order as long as it’s within the tag?

dezmund
10 years ago

what is this

DaGr8Kornolio
10 years ago

Order doesn’t matter.

???Roun512 [roun512]
10 years ago

@tomcat ,

no order doesn’t matter the important thing is that you typed it ;)

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Yes , you have to type the POST script and send the pass flubergump !!!
Just be carefull of errors !!!

? [djsimon21]
10 years ago

you can but method or action or the other way around it does not matter

zerocool33
10 years ago

first type it in notepad then go into your inspect element from there edit in html format thats all im going to say :)

? [djsimon21]
10 years ago

I have just had a look at this profile and he has already done the level. Congrats :)

Tony [tomcat1118]
10 years ago

<3 Thanks guys!! :DDDD

Random66
10 years ago

if someone is stuck read this article and it might help you out http://www.html-form-guide.com/php-form/php-form-post.html
the lines toward the end will give an idea about structure and format

? [djsimon21]
10 years ago

Nice post Random66 that might help people out to understand the level

koolkidlove142
10 years ago

thanks everyone.. the forums really helpful

jayssj11
10 years ago

just write a small html code and use it to clear the level simple

ksip
10 years ago

hi same as u all cant find answer help

antoinemartin826
10 years ago

hi,

for me i just wrote a short html code with notepad, and after i changed “.txt "to ”.html" and i executed this.
The principal difficulty it was to write the code it tooke me several time. If you are french you can go to see on"le site du zero" i learned there, but if you aren t sorry , i can t explain you (i am not enough good in english).

i hope this you ll help ;-)

[deleted user]
10 years ago

i have already covered this in another post. So come on guys its not rocket science. :)

vanhungbk1
10 years ago

can you make a video ?

prabhu [prabhujegan]
10 years ago

just write a little code that will post the password to this site location like <form method=“post” action=“http://www.hackthis.co.uk/********** and so on and save in .html format and tr u go * level complete ** its not tough as it looks :) enjoy

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 27

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss