Need some verification

Missile codes

Alderson [carlo73km]
8 years ago | edited 8 years ago

Hi guys,
I’m on this level for days now :) and I have a doubt that something is not working correctly in my case. Can somebody who has completed this level give me a feedback on couple of questions?

Is the file LaunchCodes recoverable? I was able to recover a lot of files but not that one. Depending on tool that I was using I was able to recover different files, but each time different ones. I guess that’s not the way how it should be. So do I need to chase the file LaunchCodes? Which tool is the one to use if it is the case?

Thanks. :)

12replies
6voices
464views
Rex_Mundi
8 years ago

Maybe you should look more closely at the files that you have recovered.

Alderson [carlo73km]
8 years ago

Yes, that’s what I’m doing for a day now :) , but maybe the problem is that I want to find it so badly that I don’t see something what is obvious. On the other my biggest concern is that I have not recovered all the needed files to be able to solve the puzzle.

Bloody_Angel
8 years ago

If you are in doubt, try using a hex editor to recover the files. That is not the best method, but it works (when you find the file(s)).

Alderson [carlo73km]
8 years ago

Thanks for the ideas. I’ll keep trying. :)

Alderson [carlo73km]
8 years ago

Still no clue :(…but I don’t give up :).

Alderson [carlo73km]
8 years ago

If any of you guys who have solved this level could give me a clue I would be very happy. :) I have a feeling that (as we say ) “I don’t see the woods because of trees” :).

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

1.Check from which platform is that img
2. Find a way / software that do the work :)

Alderson [carlo73km]
8 years ago

@Mugiwara27 thanks :). I think I’m pretty close (but may be wrong :D).
But…one question…

I wonder if I need to examine each file recovered for steganography (for example with steghide)? Or the solution is completely on different path?

Yuriko
8 years ago

I can’t see how taking a look at all the recovered files could be a bad idea. If you find something odd, take a look closer.

dloser
8 years ago

You’d almost think that is exactly the point of the challenge… ;)

Alderson [carlo73km]
8 years ago

OMG… I had the solution for 5 days just I was not entering it correctly.
Anyhow thanks to everyone for the advice.

Yuriko
8 years ago

[quote=Victor Hugo]Perseverance, secret of all triumphs.[/quote]

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 13

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss