Using Hydra As A Router Password Cracker

Kailee
10 years ago

I recently got a program called Hydra from a tutorial. And I use it to crack passwords for routers. It worked the first time with the txt file rockyou. But then I had a problem with my firewall, which I ended up fixing by unblocking it. But Now it is saying this whenever I try to see the commands for Hydra and or use it for hacking, ‘hydra’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. So if anyone could help me out and try to figure out what’s wrong with it I would very much appreciate it. Btw, if you want the command for it I will provide it below:

hydra -l admin -P rockyou.txt -e ns -vV (Insert Default Gateway IP to router here) http-get /

Thank you if you can help me!

~Kailee

2replies
3voices
663views
DaGr8Kornolio
10 years ago

Probably because you are not in the good folder… This is why the system tell you the file can’t be found. Use cd to change directory…

It’s also possible that your antivirus program deleted it…

tOxicWast3
10 years ago

Kailee,

DaGr8Kornolio is right on where you need to be when it comes to directory, but also need to make sure you are running hydra under root as well. It may seem elemetary, but it does happen. I am just diagnosing the basic steps first. Also, if your anti-virus is kicking the program you need to go into the exemptions and add hydra, whether it does or not it would be a good idea to do so anyway so that it can run unrestricted.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 3

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss