How to use BackTrack to crack Wifi password?

Jamins [J4mins]
10 years ago

I want to learn how to crack wifi.

I know BackTrack have a tool can crack Wifi.

Can you tell me how long can i crack a wifi password?

31replies
15voices
400views
Scott [scopes20]
10 years ago

you can use a simple tool on backtrack called airoscript-ng, you will need to enable monitor mode on your wifi device (start airmon-ng device), airoscript is bassicly “click next to continue” program, you just select the optins you want, you put a password list in the temp folder (there are a few passwords lists in the pentest>passwords directory eg “rockyou.txt”).

Jamins [J4mins]
10 years ago

@scopes20 Hm.. How many time i need? an hour or 10min? Thanks a lot~ :)

[deleted user]
10 years ago

You can find a way through a Google search

Jamins [J4mins]
10 years ago

@QuestionMark thank you~ good guy~ What do you thing of The Macbook?.. I would like to buy one..

Scott [scopes20]
10 years ago

Theres no way to tell how long breaking a password will take, you could estimate a few hours but the first password it checks could be correct. making your estimate of a few hours irrelavent

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Sorry, that question can not give advice.

Jamins [J4mins]
10 years ago

@scopes20 okay~ you’re a good guy too! :)

Jamins [J4mins]
10 years ago

@QuestionMark nothing~ It’s PM 23:26 in China.. i have to go bed now.. Tomorrow is school day~

Hey guys In wi fi wep is easy to crack does any one know to wpa in wifi

[deleted user]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

Ok, Good night~ :)

R4z0r
10 years ago

I was PM'ing Gninja on this he will be making a tutorial on it as he is covering most of the tools in Kali-Linux :D should be good

DaGr8Kornolio
10 years ago

Google is your friend…. There is lots of tuto about this out there…

Jamins [J4mins]
10 years ago

@DaGr8Kornolio I always find key in google!~ :)

Zzdarkangel
8 years ago

Please tell me , it’s possible to crack WPA2 password with just cmd ???

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

Illegals things are not allowed on Hackthis

SIGKILL [r4v463]
8 years ago

Actually it is possible with the command shutdown -s (without the quotes) on cmd

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

@r4v463 Don’t worry, in another thread I gave him the secret cmd hack

SIGKILL [r4v463]
8 years ago

Yes I saw after posting it, good cmd hack :) . I didn’t know @dloser let you reach the 11th level :o

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

Shhh don’t tell anyone

Coen
8 years ago

I don’t know @r4v463, when I’m on Windows, I’ve had the most success with the “shutdown /f” command. That way you are sure no other hacker on the WiFi can do any harm to your own machine

SIGKILL [r4v463]
8 years ago | edited 8 years ago

Yes you’re right, I always forget that -s is not the most secure :)

p4p1 [lexostras]
8 years ago

backtrack is a bit old i would use kali linux if i was you, but if you are intreasted in this topic look at the aircrack commands

eserrano
8 years ago

I have kail linux 2.0.2 Beta there are many tools you can use. i’ve been using wifite lately testing my own network.

ama299
8 years ago

i don’t understant very well english language but i try to learn very well english. For known very well your tutoriel please help me to knoawn with french language. thaks for your knowledge

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

If you want to do anything about hacking, instead of trying to lean how wifi hacking works, you should learn English !

_---x_
8 years ago

So hacking wifi isn’t illegal but wanting to hack an mail is? lol

( Correct m if i’m wrong but ….. w h a t ?)

dloser
8 years ago

Both are not fundamentally illegal; all depends on context. Hacking your own stuff is normally not a problem. (Unless that stuff is provided by someone else.)

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago
eserrano
8 years ago

I would love to tell you how to crack wifi passwords but [Quote=Mugiwra27][But there is a limit on this forum, this limit is our rules !
If they were no rules, I would explain everything I know ]

_---x_
8 years ago

So you can’t ( even though you clearly know how to ) advise anyone on how to illegally hack?

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

Exactly !
Someday you’ll learn how to speak and you’ll know how to ask things ;)

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 32

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss