Instead of karma

R4z0r
10 years ago

How about a button to submit it to the admin/moderators for review? It could work the same way as getting -3 karma.

I was also thinkning that so other users can easily identify people who write crap all the time based on thier “karma” score they get different colour assigned to their name?

16replies
8voices
244views
2images
? [djsimon21]
10 years ago

I think Flabby said in another post he is not going to be doing much regarding the karma but maybe only time will let

J [ColdIV]
10 years ago

If you give negative Karma then it’s somehow flagged for moderators so that they can find them easily.
So that’s already implemented.

Also in the new HT he said, that you will be able to find the Karma of everyone on their Profile. So you could as well do the color thing I guess but I’m not sure if it’s necessary…

Gninja
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

Im not sure about the karma thing but I like the colour idea, although you could visit there profile to see what they are like it would save time by just seeing the colour of their name….ie red for spammers……yellow for people with a lot of bad posts and green for the good guys/gals ;D

R4z0r
10 years ago

I take it that the karma just works like a lookup by date etc but I still think that a direct report would be easier. Glad you like my colour idea ;)

? [djsimon21]
10 years ago

Yes the colour idea is good

Lalla
10 years ago

Hm… who would like to be discriminated by their colour’s name ?
This colour system would give more credit to an “elite”, it’s in opposition with hacker’s ethic.

If you want to check one’s karma, just see the profile page.
In my humble opinion…

Gninja
10 years ago

Then the spammer should think twice before posting crap then they wouldn’t have to worry about the colour of their name

J [ColdIV]
10 years ago

Nah I agree with @Lalla as I said before I’m not even sure if that’s necessary. I mean a ‘bad’ user will be at least temporary banned by flabby. So isn’t that enough? If some one is a big spammer and got a lot negative Karma then flabby (and everyone else) will be able to see that and flabby can ban him or delete his account if he thinks that this should be done.

My idea, because you all want to find the Karma of a person very fast, is that the Karma should be shown right under the Score and the Posts next to every ones post. So you will be able to see it without having to mark him as ‘bad’-person, ‘spammer’ or whatsoever.
Not sure if flabby thought of this or not but I guess we will see that.

Gninja
10 years ago

Ok I concede :) If the karma can be seen by the score and posts as @ColdIV said its obvious who they are.

Lalla
10 years ago

We could also put the karma under the score only for “king-spammers” then. So, only the guys who post sh!t will be tagged and easily spotted by the community. However, I’m not sure it would be the best system.

R4z0r
10 years ago

I’m sure the new site will cover this topic properly. I just really hate spammers its so annoying.

heavenlyMe
10 years ago

I hope i get notified when i got a new positive/negative karma. And also which of my post make me get the karma.

DaGr8Kornolio
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

For god sake why do you guys care so much about karma?!? I’m always on the forum and I don’t see spam? Or maybe are you talking about me? You know… when everybody laugh about someone stupidity and you are the only one not laughing…

I CALL FOR A KARMA BASHING CONTEST ON THIS POST! HAVE FUN PEOPLE!

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
10 years ago

I must say I agree with @DaGr8Kornolio. karma is not a publicity contest, it is meant as a way to find the good answers in a thread and more broadly users that contribute consistently good answers.

I regards to the way things will be working in the new version. Karma will stay in tact with the added ability to order posts by karma instead of time … thus being able to find the best answer to the original question. Currently karma is used to hide any crappy posts but this will be replaced with a “report” link that will alert moderators (a long with some other behind the scenes magic). So to clarify karma should only be used to vote up answers to the original question, and vote down unrelated and incorrect answers.

DaGr8Kornolio
10 years ago

I just think that since everyone got the same score at the end, karma is the new thing to compete on… Maybe you could remove the number and use title instead…

1- Super friendly guy who helped generations of hackers building a better world
2- Still friendly guy that give really good advice but that you should not piss off with stupid question ;)
3- The new guy who seem to know a little too much… Tin foil hat on! Image
4- And so on…

You could choose your own… doesn’t have to be that long…

DaGr8

? [djsimon21]
10 years ago

@flabby could you not have it like Yahoo “BEST ANSWER”? So will be like: Question - Best Answer(most voted) - then the rest of the answers

So that the best answer jumps up directly under the Question

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 17

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss