Scoreboard ??

R4z0r
10 years ago

This may seem a little bit silly, but why is there no 3rd place on the scoreboard?

15replies
9voices
258views

because its a double tie for second :P

Gninja
10 years ago

I can see what she is saying based on points everyone that is in rank 4 should be 3.

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
10 years ago

No, it is correct as it is. The bunch of people in joint 4th are in 4th place because there are 3 people with a higher score … it doesn’t matter that two of these three have the same score and thus there is no 3rd place.

R4z0r
10 years ago

but technically there is 1 in first place and then 2 in second place and third place doesn’t exist? that’s a very strange way of having a leader board? Its like saying that the 3rd guy to cross the line at the Olympics came in 3rd based on time but got 4th so no medal for you lol :p

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

If three people crossed the line in the Olympics at the same time the next person wouldn’t be second, he would be forth. Three people had finished before him so he couldn’t be third.

???Roun512 [roun512]
10 years ago

Flabby is right , their is 3 users that has score more than the user number 4 , 2nd and 3rd user have the same score so instead of putting someone in rank 3 he put them in rank 2 because the same score , and user who is in rank 4 will not be in rank 3 :) Wish this help you because i didn’t understand it :D

Gninja
10 years ago

lol just to stir things up a bit more ;P

Damage is obviously first on points , Anonra and verath are joint second….so isn’t verath 3rd as damage and anonra came before them ? In which case if your doing it from points then damage is first with 6860 Anonra and verath second with 6760 and the next people with 6710 are all joint 3rd?

So just to clarify…..The way your doing it is based on points and how many people are before you? so that means you can never get to 3rd even if you had more point than the people in 4th but less that the people in 2nd because there will still be 3 people in front of you? lol

My head hurts lol

J [ColdIV]
10 years ago

I really don’t understand why it’s so hard :D

damage certainly is first then comes anonra and verath because they got the same score. And because those are already 3 there can’t be a third place (How can you be the 3rd best if 3 are better then you?)
So if someone now gets a better score then those on the 4th place but not as good as the score of those on the 2nd place then the person will be on the 4th place and those on the 4th will fall down on the 5. because now 4 people are better then they are.
(Hope I didn’t mess something up there)

Gninja
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

haha :D I get it, I just don’t see the point in having the numbers if your going to miss out 3 lol 1…2….4 ^_^ You mite as well just use the points. This was fun :p sorry if im doing anyone’s head in :D

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
10 years ago

You can’t say Anonra is 2nd and Verath is 3rd because it’s not true … they both have the same amount of points. Likewise you can’t say the next person is 3rd because there are 3 people in front of them.

Final thoughts:
The way it is currently is correct … end of discussion :p

? [stefanking56]
10 years ago

Hey flabbyrabbit i agree with what you say about the scores so on the karma list Damage s third with 43 pionts and is ranked 3,but keeper also has 43 and is ranked 4

[d3adMaN]
10 years ago

wow, such a debate in here… :D

Gninja
10 years ago

oh dear I’ve caused a kerfuffle lol ^__^

R4z0r
10 years ago

Just use the score then people cant moan ;)

DaGr8Kornolio
10 years ago

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 16

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss