I don't get it. I need help!!

0xBBA5

mlee [sarawang130]
8 years ago

I really don’t understand. How to start to do this? Just tell me something. NEED HELP!

15replies
6voices
435views
Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

Read the level description
Analyse everything that seem odd
Look at the hint and understand it
Use your brain

mlee [sarawang130]
8 years ago | edited 8 years ago

@Mugiwara27 : It makes lots of sense. Thanks a lot.

Reply has been removed
RangotheUnicorn
8 years ago | edited 8 years ago

So i d like to know if i need a software to “extract” info that is shown by pastebin and the “hint” from description.
i clearly see a link … and …. anyone seams to be locked there … but i am !
Orrrr this is where i need the “key” and this is not the required link to get the facebook guy that i havnt ?
anyway … all my found hints lead me to this location and nothing else. and i cant read it…
people talk about cypher, but i thought of it before and … i havnt found a good cypher for hex value.
If i should Code it … haaa im just doing this level because im lazy to do the code one xD

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

Personally, this pastebin file made me done wrong things
Forget this pastebin and focus yourself on the picture + hint
The first step is to find something inside the picture itself
When you’ll find it, you’ll have to understand what’s that new thing ( not really hard since Google can help you to find the answer )
So, this thing you’ve found is the first of the three parts you need to finish this level.
Now you need to understand the hint, it will tell you an important thing to find the second part.
Then, the third part.. the unclear part of this level :/
When you’ll get the first two parts, just ask there for the third one and I’ll help you :)
Good luck !

Nastyblood
8 years ago

I’m still stuck at trying to find the odd thing . Probably missed something in the ascii , ill retry now.

RangotheUnicorn
8 years ago

Is the original background of the site useful to compare with the cripted image to find “the thing in the picture” ?

is it possible to create a second png with the second IDAT ? ….dont need the answer there i will try it anyway to understand the PNG structure xD
perhaps i should find the right dimension of the first ? artefact pixel is a sign of anormal cut or just the stego consequence?

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

You don’t need to go that far !
Focus on the level itself and not on foreign things
You also don’t have to know a lot of things about a PNG structure
Like you could’ve seen in this thread and previous one, they are talking about ‘link’, so maybe you could search that, don’t try other things than that for the moment

Nastyblood
8 years ago

Oh okay so after i found this thing i can already move to the hint or pastebin file , i wont find for solution of the code in the hex
Thanks

noname [egorius]
7 years ago

1. I used following >>> file ‘/home/notroot/Desktop/DSWii6x.png’ , and this is a result:
    /home/notroot/Desktop/DSWii6x.png: PNG image data, 873 x 176, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced. Nothing special in here.
  2. i also tried >>> exiftool -H ‘/home/notroot/Desktop/DSWii6x.png’ and this is a result:
    • ExifTool Version Number : 10.14
    • File Name : DSWii6x.png
    • Directory : /home/notroot/Desktop
    • File Size : 112 kB
    • File Modification Date/Time : 2016:05:03 18:42:36-04:00
    • File Access Date/Time : 2016:05:03 18:42:39-04:00
    • File Inode Change Date/Time : 2016:05:03 18:42:36-04:00
    • File Permissions : rw-r–r–
    • File Type : PNG
    • File Type Extension : png
    • MIME Type : image/png
      0x0000 Image Width : 873
      0x0004 Image Height : 176
      0x0008 Bit Depth : 8
      0x0009 Color Type : RGB
      0x000a Compression : Deflate/Inflate
      0x000b Filter : Adaptive
      0x000c Interlace : Noninterlaced
    • SRGB Rendering : Perceptual
    • Gamma : 2.2
      0x0000 Pixels Per Unit X : 3779
      0x0004 Pixels Per Unit Y : 3779
      0x0008 Pixel Units : meters
    • Image Size : 873x176
    • Megapixels : 0.154
      Again, seems like there is nothing in here
  3. I also look at the picture, can’t see anything… PLEASE HELP ME !!!
Mugi [Mugiwara27]
7 years ago

In a picture there is no just exif and header :)
You should read up about pictures or read the whole forum about this level

Markb2
7 years ago

That. If you are stuck, read everything there is to read on the forum about that level. If you see some terms you don’t understand or are not familiair wilt, just google them and make sure you understand everything you read. Also, you might need another editor ;).

noname [egorius]
7 years ago | edited 7 years ago

Thanks Mugiwara27, WOW, what a great answer, seems like you work in Microsoft support…

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
7 years ago

Said the one who’s pretending doing crypto levels but is too lazy to read the forum about it….

noname [egorius]
7 years ago | edited 7 years ago

Mugiwara27 - amazing answer, I thought that it is the forum…. and yes, I tried to read but there are too many useless and helpless comments… so it just waste of time

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
7 years ago

Stop complaining about my answers
Instead of wasting time doing this, take a closer look to the level message, to the hint and the file itself
If you can’t find anything even with what I just said, it means you’re not ready to make it. Therefore do other levels and come back to this one later

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 16

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss