I tried nmap scan on basic level 7 and i’ve found these running ports :

http://prntscr.com/9tz6hs

And i got no idea what to do next :/

37replies
7voices
1,071views
? [bolofecal]
8 years ago | edited 8 years ago

Remove your spoiler and try access the correct web site, maybe th correct not be in your results.

Nastyblood
8 years ago

Well i scanned all 65000 ports and just found those . Also i dont know how to exploit the port or connect through the port like what ive seen in previous posts , could you tell me what its called so i look it up ?

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

Have you ever read the forum section or you just asked a question when you were stuck ?
A little bit of research is needed from you to manage what’s the problem !

What have you scanned ?

Nastyblood

I did try to read the forums , but after what im reading i think there’s something i dont know how to do or never heard of. I’ve scanned this link : https://www.hackthis.co.uk/levels/basic+/7
And got the open ports on it , and all seemed normal open ports. I’ve posted one with the screenshots of the open ports i found

EDIT : IN the spoiler theres the screenshot link of the ports i’ve found.

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

You should scan the website instead of scanning the webpage of this level :)

Nastyblood
8 years ago

Yes yes i did scan the website , i tried to scan the webpage and i couldn’t achieve it , it was giving me some sort of error , then i scanned the website and i got those ports in the screenshot of the main post ^^ http://prntscr.com/9tz6hs

Nastyblood

Well i think i was doing something wrong with the scan , right now im re-scanning trying to use a different option of scan , and im scanning all 65 thousand something TCP ports , and i’ve already found one that i hadn’t found before.
But my question is after i find the suspicious one , what to do with it ?

EDIT : Also the scan is taking more than 10mins is it normal ? Maybe cause im doing all the 65 thousand ports?

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

When you find an interesting music, what do you do with it ? You listen to it
Same thing for the port ;)

Yes 10mins is okay since you’re scanning 65535 port

? [bolofecal]
8 years ago

For discover alowed port in real life you must knock, for computer is same logic, you must test or scan.

Off: ‘knock’, ‘listen’ and ‘port’ reminds me the song “knocking on the heavens door”

Nastyblood
8 years ago

Okay im gonna re scan the website and scan all 65535 ports and i think i should try connecting to it through putty.
I tried connecting to all ports i found last time through putty and nothing worked , im gonna retry thanks for help.

? [bolofecal]
8 years ago

Maybe you already know but you can access a port in browser e. g. in ftp (21) www.site.com:21

Nastyblood
8 years ago

I knew it but totally forgot about it , the thing is that i have a problem with nmap its not scanning properly , i’ve ran this command :
nmap -sT -sU -p - www.hackthis.co.uk
And it’s been running for about 10mins and i still got no results :/

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

Do you think that with that command, you’re scanning the 65k ports ?

Nastyblood
8 years ago

Yes mugiwara , instead of using -p 1-65535 i can use -p - , its the shortcut of the 1-65535

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

It seems your scan is too calm, let’s change it !
( That’s a hint ~ almost a spoil if you understand )

Nastyblood
8 years ago

Yes now i think i understand :P
Let it be more wild … hmm ok xD

Nastyblood
8 years ago

Well i guess you meant that i make an aggressive scan , and i did using this command:
nmap -p 1-65535 -T4 -A -v www.hackthis.co.uk
And i found the same ports i found before :/
Btw Im on windows and im using nmap Zenmap GUI

dloser
8 years ago

Too calm??

Nastyblood

Well Upthere i did an aggressive scan , want me to add -sS to it u mean ?

EDIT : I Just realized i was doing a T4 and the aggressive scan is the 5 ! I’m gonna retry doing T5 instead of T4

Nastyblood
8 years ago

Am i doing something wrong ? Its 3rd time it says host timeouts
Command : nmap -p 1-65535 -T5 -A www.hackthis.co.uk

Starting Nmap 6.47 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2016-02-09 19:26 Middle East Standard Time

Nmap scan report for www.hackthis.co.uk (85.159.213.101)

Host is up (0.13s latency).

Skipping host www.hackthis.co.uk (85.159.213.101) due to host timeout

OS and Service detection performed. Please report any incorrect results at http://nmap.org/submit/ .

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 915.93 seconds

dloser
8 years ago

Your packets are probably being dropped because you are scanning so aggressively. That’s also the reason for my other post; better calm and steady than aggressive.

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

When a way of solving the level works for me and not for others
:o

Nastyblood
8 years ago

Well when i made a calm scan , a normal one , i didnt find the port i was supposed to find , and when i ran an aggressive one , my packets got dropped :P I’m Seriously out of ideas , ill just keep retrying maybe a T3 and check what ill get

dloser
8 years ago

Calm should be fine. Perhaps try it again. You never know what could happen to some of the packets.

Nastyblood

Well i did a polite calm scan , and thats what i got , i found even less ports :P
http://prntscr.com/a1jhhr

Edit : I;m gonna try to make a T1 scan right now , if it doesnt work ill just quit trying to pass this level :P

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

I’ll just quit trying to pass this level

Really ?
Not really a good way of thinking

Nastyblood
8 years ago

Well i’ve tried all kind of scans , and still couldnt find the port , i dont know if they might have closed it or its my zenmap not working properly.
I’ll try later tomorrow to find another application.

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

I found the problem with your scan
When you use the -p option, you need to provide a range of port you’ll scan
E.g : nmap -p 1-2500
It will scan the port 1 to 2500
Logically, you should succeed without any other problems ( let’s hope :p )

Nastyblood
8 years ago

i did provide the range of port to scan , i did -p 1-65535
http://prntscr.com/a1jhhr
Look at this screenshots , i tried the same command and changed form T1 till T 5 and still couldnt find any suspicious port

dloser
8 years ago

There might be some filtering going on between you and HT (perhaps in general or perhaps because of all the scanning you did). I had no problems finding it. If you want, I can send you some of the output I got for the commands you tried.

Nastyblood

Well i repeated and repeated the scans , and finally found for a T4 scan , which i have already ran the same command those results :

Well the only one i find suspicious is***** cause i’ve never heard of , but it is closed.

dloser
8 years ago

You should remove that link as you now have found enough information to solve the challenge.

Nastyblood
8 years ago

Well the suspicious port i found is closed , how would i connect to it .
I did some research and found stuff about port knocking , does it have anything to do with it ?

Nastyblood
8 years ago

OMG Theres been so much posts about trying to connect to the port , well it’s not needed at all , after looking through the scan again , i found the answer. That phrase shall serve as hint to the others :)
Thanks a lot guys !

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

Congratulation solving this level !

Ron [tptome]
2 years ago

It took me 18 hours, but it didn’t need to. I PROMISE YOU CAN DO IT! In retrospect i didn’t need to >> do a full polite + service scan , after I found >> the port that was enough.

TestDummy
2 years ago

The solution is always easier once you know it :D

2 replies have been removed
You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 38

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss