Have you used an OCR lib?

Captcha 1

Renegate [fabioboh10]
8 years ago

I wanted to know about your opinion and maybe how did you solve this level.
Have you used libraries like tesseract-ocr, gocr, etc, or did you made an ocr logic yourself? Do you think it worth to make a simple ocr library from scratch, or this is reinvent of the wheel?

11replies
6voices
304views
dloser
8 years ago

There is nothing wrong with reinventing the wheel. You can learn a lot from it and perhaps even discover a better wheel.

? [bolofecal]
8 years ago

For the first captcha a tesseract can works if you use correctly about the next capthcas I think that the easy way is create a captcha reader by yourself. To more opinions about codes pm me if you need help to not post code here and spoil the challenge.

bigheks
8 years ago | edited 8 years ago

I used tesseract-ocr for this challenge. For captcha 2,3,4 I made something custom.

A small hint if you use tesseract-ocr: It did not work ‘out of the box’ for me.

? [bolofecal]
8 years ago

What is out of the box?

? [bolofecal]

Thanks. This is a expression I think ‘box" like a common sentence and don’t understand but know the meaning is clear.

tehron
8 years ago

Once you have reinvented the wheel twice or thrice, you may also become lazy and find appeal in other users' wheels.

Richard Brook [RichardBrook]

I guess I was already born lazy then @tehron

tehron
8 years ago

Me not. I just think the wheel is always greener on the other side.

dloser
8 years ago

You should use it more often; a rolling wheel gathers no moss.

Renegate [fabioboh10]
8 years ago

Nice, I think I`ll make my own OCR solution.
I tried to do that some weeks ago, and I learned a lot, but I need to learn more!

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 12

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss