I need a little help solving this level?

HTTP method

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Can someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong? Here is the code I used (Firefox Firebug).

13replies
7voices
507views
guuf
10 years ago

ColdDaVinci, 2 questions: what type of input, and password is a ? The way you’re doing it remove the whole fluber part.

J [ColdIV]
10 years ago

@guuf sorry but I don’t understand what you want him to do. The only thing that’s missing is the “name” of the input field. everything else should be fine the way it is…

GoRMslayer
10 years ago

Come, is not that hard!!
where are you saving the password info once u press submit???? you need to save it to send it in POST method…. you need a name…

this is where u have ur “semi” sintax error…
<!-

-!>

J [ColdIV]
10 years ago

Aaaaaaaand you got a mistake in a spoiler. Congratulations! ;)
It’s true that the name is the thing that’s missing. Now I’m not quite sure if that was already mentioned before.. I guess not.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

No spoilers. Don’t worry I haven’t looked at it.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Thank you. I completed it. I know PHP, can’t believe I forgot about the name. And lol, that “spoiler” isn’t correct. You got to use the name fully. :P

GoRMslayer
10 years ago

what?, my spoiler was incorrect?? but u can name it like u want, why im wrong?? :S

J [ColdIV]
10 years ago

Well since you try to correct him it’s wrong because the “name” needed to solve the level is another one.
Of course it’s right when it comes to HTML / PHP syntax.

GoRMslayer
10 years ago

Ahh.. i got it… but i didnt want to use the right one….. was more like an example.. xd

? [bolofecal]
9 years ago

I understand the POST method and know how to send the password, but I don’t understand why the action form is “i2.php”. If the mission is “Use the POST method to send the password ‘flubergump’ to this page” this page should not be index.php?

Someone can explain to me?

Tks.

tl0tr
9 years ago

@bolofecal : The page can be any page. Also just using i2.php aint gonna help. You need to think how the form POST method works and then post the password accordingly.

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

@bolofecal:
[list]
[*]Why i2.php?

HackThis!! used to use the raw URLs: b1.php for Basic+ Level 1, i1.php for Intermediate Level 1 and so on. Therefore, i2.php had represented for Intermediate Level 2. Then, all URLs were rewritten by some rules in .htaccess file.

If you know .htaccess, you should understand why i2.php works.

[*] Why not index.php?
“…this page”, right? It should be where you can see Intermediate Level 2.
[/list]

? [bolofecal]
9 years ago

Interesting. I’ve little seen about .htaccess, but I don’t know it yet.
I’ve used the post method and action to https://www.hackthis.co.uk/levels/intermediate/2 and it worked.
But I’ll study more about .htaccess.
Thanks for the help.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 14

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss