message to the world

enough is enough, I’m sick!
why many people think very hard for hackers? why so much hatred? I said a word to the world: we are here to help humanity evolve, please, stop stalking us and speak evil of us still “without the hackers of the world. great technology does not exist …

19replies
11voices
283views
GoRMslayer
10 years ago

who is saying that??.. the most ppl think that HACKERS are mega badass…. at least ppl that i know thinks like that

hacking is not a crime…

Scott [scopes20]
10 years ago

“Every hacker is a black hat”, you can thank the media for that stereotype.

this is what people think and say!

J [ColdIV]
10 years ago

Hacking itself is not a crime but you can do many bad things with it and those are the only things that get through the media. So an average guy just hears of hackers as bad people who build stupid phishing sites and steal passwords.

I guess, according to the media and stupid politicians, this site would be a hacker-training-site and we all are criminals or at least on the best way to become one.

You cannot change the mind of every person on the planet and I think that’s fine as it is. If ‘they’ think bad of hackers, let them. It’s not really your problem… And there are indeed many black hats so it’s probably better to fear hackers and think bad of them so that they pay more attention and take a look at the URL before they try to login to eBay or whatsoever.

lol thank you @ColdIV

daMage
10 years ago

If a man carries a gun and knows how to use it, some people will be afraid of him. I guess the same goes with computers :p

lodovico65
10 years ago

I think the fear is due not only to the fact of knowing how to use computers well…
Hacker, in its broadest sense, is one who goes beyond what is conventional. Find new ways to use any device, seeking new ways to think “out of the box”. This clearly is scary because it destabilizes the “system”. At the same time, however, the progress in every field advances thanks to those who breaks the rules and think creatively. This determines the ambivalent behavior toward the hackers, fear on one hand and esteem on the other :)

heavenlyMe
10 years ago

Thats why we can’t say to other people that we are a hacker. Sometimes a good guy is a bad guy on some people’s eyes.

J [ColdIV]
10 years ago

@daMage but a gun is made for killing a computer is not made to harm people ;)

oxide
10 years ago

its fucking retarded honestly i know people that think there a hacker but constantly need me to fix there computers etc and cant fix shit or program so thank idiots like that and loic for our troubles and mostly anonymous

daMage
10 years ago

@ColdIV surely you can use a gun to protect people too… In the same sense: computers can be used for harming people.

J [ColdIV]
10 years ago

@daMage I understand you but if you protect someone with a gun I guess that means that you harm someone else. And of course a computer can harm people too.
I was just referring to the idea behind it, a computer is made to help people, to connect them and so on whereas a gun… well you can use it to protect someone that’s right but that’s not what it was made for in the first place I guess. :)

[quote=daMage]If a man carries a gun and knows how to use it, some people will be afraid of him. I guess the same goes with computers
:p[/quote]

That’s certainly true and no matter if guns or computers, if you know enough about one of those you can use it to harm people and they got a reason to fear you ;)

jayssj11
10 years ago

let the world think whatever they like to think . we all know what we are and what we are capable of . we can either save people or destroy them completely . this is the power of hacker .
RESPECT HACKERS !!

oxide
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

i wish it was alot easier to be alive if its not in the sreets with dumbasses talking shit its on the pc with the government trying to control everything by scaring people into thinking were bad and alot of us arent i mean fuck i could hack mad shit if i want and get away with it but i dont just cuz we can hack dont make us bad people or malicious thats fucking dumb and so are the feds the cia and all those other alphabet faggots

Gninja
10 years ago

I don’t think that people will ever see the word Hacker as a good thing especially the media, I think this mainly because of a sad fact and that’s when bad things happen it makes good publicity for the media.

jayssj11
10 years ago

maybe one day people will understand difference b/w hacker and cracker

yeah that’s sure !!

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Here’s a thought: The internet started more or less way back in 1973, well the conception of it started. Where were you in 1973? I was doing yet another tour in Nr Ireland. Number 7 in (Londonderry) in the forces. Started the Nr Ireland stuff on the 1rst of April 1969. We thought it was an April Fools Joke. It wasn’t the sent us to Aldergrove. Then in 1982 a nice wee trip down to the Falklands for a wee walk about and a chat with the locals, lol . Weather was a bit crap but it was at least some fresh air and away from Nr Ireland.

So ‘what about the internet’ I hear you say??

Well:-

TCP/IP Development Begins in 1973.
Vint Cerf and Robert Kahn publish “A Protocol for Packet Network Interconnection” 1974.
Paul Mockapetris Invents Domain Name System 1983.
Tim Berners-Lee Creates World Wide Web 1989.
World Wide Web Opens to Public 1991.
Number of Internet Hosts Exceeds One Hundred Million January 2001.
Latin American and Caribbean Network Information Centre (LACNIC) Established 2002.
Skype Released April 2003.
First Video Uploaded to YouTube 23 April 2005.
Twitter Launched July 2006.
Facebook Public Launch 26 September 2006.
Number of Internet Hosts Exceeds Five Hundred Million September 2007.
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Adds IPv6 Address Records to Six Root Servers 4 February 2008. ICANN Approves Creation of Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) for Country Code Top-Level (ccTLDs) October 2009.
Right up to today the 25-27 February 2013 WSIS +10. The first phase of the WSIS+10 Review is conducted by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in partnership with the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and UN Development Programme (UNDP), from 25 to 27 February, in Paris.

So Where are we going to be in the next 30 years?? Your guess is as good as mine! :)

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 20

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss