main levels practical use

MasterZagrad
10 years ago

hi there,i passed all 10 main levels but i have now a question.How useful are all these main levels in real ? i mean,except the knowledge i gained, how practical they are ?will i meet these problems in real?

4replies
5voices
218views
jayssj11
10 years ago

who knows ? it is your creativity that counts

Alien [StRe1cHeR]
10 years ago

all where. necessarily useful

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Every little helps.

DaGr8Kornolio
10 years ago

Hey @MasterZagrad! Welcome to Hack This!!

To be true, there is little chance that you find anything like that in the wild… But it doesn’t mean that these levels are useless. I guess they exist to help sharpen your mind and introduce people to hacking… You will also learn great tricks and understand better how a web site works and how to look for vulnerabilities.

I’m not new to programmation and I’ve built web system before… But I never knew before I came here that you could modify the source of a web page locally and interfer in the server process. In Main Level 6 you learned how to modify the content of a combo box. Personnaly, I didn’t know that I should suspect a problem in the user input of a combo box… Maybe there is other programmer that aren’t aware of this… I’m sure it can help you…

This is what hacking is all about. Playing with system in a way that is was not intend.

There is also a lot of hidden content in web pages (using the “hidden” tag). I’ve also seen things like small period or small image or content the same color as the backgroung (take a look at my posts if you get stuck at basic level X ;)). This show you to never trust what you see and to always start at reading the source first… This is where you will find your way….

Oh and I didn’t know about the robots file… Did you? There is other ways… but I’ve learned this one here!

Have fun here and come back to the forum when you have a chance…

Peace,
DaGr8Kornolio

NOTE TO MYSELF : Why am I using “…” all the time… Does it give my intervention more substance?!? Does it make me look more intelligent pretending there is a lot of insunuating behind my words…

![Image](/files/media/images/articles/0/0/up_575544075843fa63cebb986ccbbb5224.jpg)
You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 5

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss