How to traduct Binary code ?

Intro 8

[MericFournier]
10 years ago

Hie , i’ve found the binary code , but i don’t find the way to decode him …
Can someone help me please ?

14replies
12voices
418views
daMage
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

[quote=Hint]The coder has made the same mistake as level 4 but this time at least he has tried to protect the password. The password has been encrypted, convert the binary into something that is easier for humans to read (base 16).[/quote]

lacrim92
10 years ago

So you open the windows calculator, you choose Programmer in the display, then you chooseBIN in the calculator, you type your numbers and then you press hex,and enjoy:)

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

@lacrim92: Your idea is a bad practice, my friend.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Hey freewind1012 my friend, what’s the problem with lacrim92’s use of the inbuilt windows calculator? It will work and anyway the only thing you need to remember is to change it to lowercase as with all the usernames and passwords on here. One more point: On some of the base conversion programs online you can mistake the 0 as the letter ‘O’ when in fact it is a zero. In the windows calculator it clearly shows the zero as a zero and not the letter ‘O’ So in this instance the windows calculator might help. Hope all you guys had a fantastic Christmas. New Year next!! :)

@ANONRA: Ah well, @lacrim92’s method surely works fine in case of base 16. But what if the the request is base 8, or even base 5? So I call it “bad” because it can’t cover all cases. :p

[deleted user]

Well base 8 is Octal and the calculator does that fine too. There are really only binary, octal, dinary and hexadecimal that are used in computing. But like you say there is more and for these you would need a base converter which there are many online. But where would it all end if we used all these bases:
1 - unary
2 - binary
3 - ternary / trinary
4 - quaternary
5 - quinary / quinternary
6 - senary / heximal / hexary
7 - septenary / septuary
8 - octal / octonary / octonal / octimal
9 - nonary / novary / noval
10 - decimal / denary
11 - undecimal / undenary / unodecimal
12 - dozenal / duodecimal / duodenary
13 - tridecimal / tredecimal / triodecimal
14 - tetradecimal / quadrodecimal / quattuordecimal
15 - pentadecimal / quindecimal
16 - hexadecimal / sexadecimal / sedecimal
17 - septendecimal / heptadecimal
18 - octodecimal / decennoctal
19 - nonadecimal / novodecimal / decennoval
20 - vigesimal / bigesimal / bidecimal
21 - unovigesimal / unobigesimal
22 - duovigesimal
23 - triovigesimal
24 - quadrovigesimal / quadriovigesimal
26 - hexavigesimal / sexavigesimal
27 - heptovigesimal
28 - octovigesimal
29 - novovigesimal
30 - trigesimal / triogesimal
31 - unotrigesimal
(…repeat naming pattern…)
36 - hexatridecimal / sexatrigesimal

I think our heads would be a little bit Fu**ed, eh?? lol :)

P.S. I can change binary into octal using a little bit of paper and my brain and also into Hexadecimal as long as you can remember Octal only goes up to 8 and hex to 16 - Hex being 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F now I can hear others out there saying hey that is only 15 numbers in hex?? What about zero. That makes is 16 :) Have a great day! lol :)

9 replies have been removed
paul077
10 years ago

god damn windows calc, so damn easy.. never used it before, lol. Tried lot of shits webs from google.. it was damn annoying.

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

@paul077: The internet is always better than a program. If something was like sh*t, that would come from your Googling skill.

Reply has been removed
[deleted user]

Removed my post as I didn’t want to upset anyone! :)
Oh and binary is very simple. Just like a house switch it is either on or off.
0 = off 1 = on
to work out any number in binary check this out:
So if you had a binary number of:11000000111
in decimal or base 10 it would be: 1024+512+4+2+1 = 1,543
All you have to do is see the position of the 1 and use its decimal value
1 in to 1024 position is = 1024 same as in the 512 position of the 1 in the binary number and so on.
a simple one would be 1010 8+2=10 Get it??
Simple! Have a good day!

tribalwars1
10 years ago

I would advice you to lern now how to use binary, it can be very usfull in programming or hacking, it depends why your on this site.
It’s pretty simple, if you want a little private lesson ask me ^^

Reply has been removed
Max Lockhart [MaxLockhart]

Here' simple way to read binary. First take a look at an ASCII table. ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Interchange. Here’s a table right here. You will see a few things; Dec, Hx, OCT, char, and HTML. All you need to worry about it char and dec. What dec is, is the decimal value for that character/char. In binary the value added up to a number will be the value of that character.

Now to read binary.

first start from right to left. 0 means false and 1 means true. Or look at it as in 0 means off and 1 is on. This is base 2 btw. Like a light bulb kind of. So if it’s a zero it’s not true and should not be used and kind of just a place holder.

00000000 = 0 bits

simply take each of the ones that have a 1 there and put 2 to the power of its position. But remember with computer you start with 0 instead of 1. So to count to seven you’d do 0123456…

For example:

the first position has a 1

now take 20 which equals 1 in a decimal value.

let’s work with

read from the right. We have 20, 22, 24 which equals 1, 4, 16. Now 1+4+16 = a decimal value of 21

Then look for that value on an ASCII table. This is kind of a dumbed down expression so if you have any further question feel free to ask

MericFournier there is a lot of post that can help you to solve this level
As I say in other post U can use this site to decode your bin code
http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/binary-to-hex-converter

Ammon Sprayberry [AlienWars]

As many people have answered your question including a link to a converter please close this thread.

Mrsoldier3201
9 years ago

Wow do I feel like an IDIOT I was over-complicating things, I thought you had to decode the binary to text, and then using an ascii table to decode it again. Then I read here, decoded the username, and felt even more like a moron.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 15

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss