Government can control your iphone!

rushA [xzy123prog]
10 years ago

Just read an article that says that Apple have made a new technology which can switch off your iphone in sensitive areas.
Apple says it will be used in places like cinemas and concerts but my worry is that the government will take advantage of that.
What are your opinions and does any one have any more information on this topic?

14replies
9voices
193views
[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Yep , sure !!
U.S is poking its nose everywhere !!! I’d say the spying programme of NSA is still on the run !!!

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Anyways Fuck Apple !!!!

Anon_ATS
10 years ago

First I think the idea is stupid. People aren’t kids anymore they are grown-up adults for the most and should know how and when to close a cellphone. Useless technologic advancements seem to become a major problem in 2013. (For example: Touch screen on a computer/Win 8, Phones that switch off when Apple wants, Kinect required in XboxOne etc..)

Trolkar8
10 years ago

I read somewhere that the government would use it to silence people spreading photos and videos from demonstrations. I think that’s wrong because it creates a sort of fear from speeching. The people shouldn’t be afraid of their government. The government should be afraid of their people!

P.S
Sry for my english dudes, I am doing my best

rushA [xzy123prog]
10 years ago

@IAmDevil haha i agree, i didn’t really like Apple before and this gives me a reason to dislike them even more!
@Anon_ATS I completely agree that the latest technologic advancements are complete crap. Also people should be able to decide by themselves what is right from what is wrong, we’re humans, not soulless machines.
@Trolkar8 IMHO i think the government is really starting to be afraid of the people and what they can do in large numbers, they probably want to control all the gathering and protest that could affect the government in a negative way. So much has been done for freedom in the last few centuries and the government is trying do destroy this freedom.

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Yeah then it’ll be called “People Power ” . After all its Democracy - Government for the people and by the people !!!

maniac [VladimirVam]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

i totally agree with the US government on such actions even if they take advantage of the apple new technology .
you wont feel it when some piece of shit terrorist gets caught cuz he sent information about his next attack .
only when an explosion happens and kills many ppl , that then ppl start talking that the government should have stopped the attack earlier and blaming the NSA and CIA for it .
i think they are more to be protecting the ppl than spying on them . we are not living in a safe world now and no one wants to see another 9/11 .

Anon_ATS
10 years ago

VladimirVam ===> https://twitter.com/_nothingtohide
Seriously even if i have nothing to hide i dont want the NSA to see everything i do. Its called privacy and everyone should have some.

0xDC
10 years ago

Exactly Anon_ATS - I get this response a lot from people that I’m having discussions with. I always ask them if I can borrow their credit card - since they don’t have to hide anything. Most of the times I get the message across.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

I don’t have a stupid iphone anyway, fuck the government.

rushA [xzy123prog]
10 years ago

It’s all about finding an even keele, humans seem to go from from one extreme to the other without ever finding the correct balance. It’s all very good to fight against terrorism and everything but unfortunately the government probably wants more. Privacy is necessary, the government shouldn’t have access to everything one does, what if you just recorded a cop beating up a man on the street and you can’t share the information due to the opression of the government?

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

can it control my nokia 3310?? yeah i still run one, got 3 new batteries stored too :)

rushA [xzy123prog]
10 years ago

I guess they could if they wanted to haha

wallabywarrior
10 years ago

Well a lot of defense contractors and government organizations don’t allow anything that can be used as a camera to begin with, so the government only has a reason to use that tech if they want to cut somebody off. And the US government would only do that in the case of a threat to national security. Besides, I’m sure they want you to communicate so they can build a profile of you.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 15

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss