BURT FORCE

Coffee.exe
6 years ago

we should have a level in main where It makes us brute force our way in or we have to use a password cracker so we have to do research on the guy find things than download a put the words into and it gives us a list and we have to run the list in the website to get into the thing

now normally something like this would go into real but I think it should go into main because it would be easy and just a good thing to know

12replies
5voices
345views
SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

Actually, it would really go into the real category. For the brute force thing, you can already use this method for one of the main level (it’s one way to gather the username/password, but not the only one).

Coffee.exe
6 years ago

yeah but a level where you have to brute force anyways idc where it goes really just think it’s a good idea

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

There is another level where you have to bruteforce, you’ve just not reached it yet ^^

Coffee.exe
6 years ago

can you pm me where it is?

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

I don’t really think you’re at this level yet x) it doesn’t only involve bruteforcing ^^

Coffee.exe
6 years ago

I figured I just wanted to know for when it comes up btw I’m starting basic

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

tbh it would be giving an hint for those who want to do this challenge, but you’ll see when you’ll come to this level.

Coffee.exe
6 years ago

thats why I said PM but ok

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

Well, I’ll PM you x)

Micr0n [micr0n]
6 years ago

That’s true, in one level you have to brute force something

Kmode
5 years ago

Is it just me or can no one find legit bruteforce tools all the ones i see are dictionary attacks

dimooz
5 years ago

If you’re looking for such a tool, try to have a look at john the ripper, or hashcat. These fabulous tools can handle A LOT OF bruteforce methods, like dictionary attacks, incremental mode, mask, and the terrible Markov mode (that I strongly recommend to test/use). Enjoy and have fun.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 13

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss