SHOULD I USE BACKTRACK5 AND SQLMAP FOR THIS ?

Xmas '08

xdarksharkx
10 years ago

Hey, please answer asap.

14replies
6voices
355views
daMage
10 years ago

Nah, do it manually… Sure you can use backtrack, but skip the sqlmap ;)
that’s just imho

xdarksharkx
10 years ago

Thanks for answering but what do you mean do it manually? Like using Havij? ;) Also I have a question about hacking in general: Does sqlmap work for any website? (Obviously not fb or google, it’s not what i mean) :)

daMage
10 years ago

Manually: don’t use automated scanners.
And to answer your question: no it doesn’t work for any website, but it seems that you answered that question yourself already. What did you mean to ask then?

guuf
10 years ago

xdarksharkx, welcome to Hackthis. Since there is no way to know how much each person know about computer system exploits, try to do the levels in sequence. This should provide you with basic techniques/understanding and make it better for us as a community to help and to be helped by your unique knowledge base. Join the collective and learn by doing!

xdarksharkx
10 years ago

Well it only works for website that are vulnerable to an sql injection right? So what should I use for other webstites in Backtrack? Metasploit ? Anyway thanks for your advice man!

heavenlyMe
10 years ago

Metasploit is a good one. My advice, you shouldn’t depend too much on tools.

xdarksharkx
10 years ago

Okay thanks what should I use if not tools ? :D

Eric [iluvz2sp00ge]
10 years ago

Manual attacks - you should learn the methods so you can do it manually and not rely on tools. Don’t be a Kiddie hacker like Me lol

xdarksharkx
10 years ago

Thanks for answering! What do you mean by answering though? That’s exactly what I wanna avoid lol ;)

xdarksharkx
10 years ago

I mean : Manual hacking though*

xdarksharkx
10 years ago

Do you mean brute forcing the admin page ?

daMage
10 years ago

No, to effectively brute force something, you really need automated tools. Try an approach that wouldn’t take you the next millennium by hand ;)

xdarksharkx
10 years ago

Okay thanks a lot man ;)

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

i think theres no need to use BT for that Lvl !!
it is pretty easy without it !!!

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 15

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss