level 6 headache

Intro 6

peachy_arse09987
11 years ago

please help me, i cant find my way through level 6, don’t what to do

67replies
36voices
1,659views

you need to add Ronald as a user name, find the user name list in the source code and simply add Ronald.

this is easy with Chrome, right click on the source code and edit as HTML.

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
11 years ago

It is as easy in firefox if you have firebug installed

kadom360
11 years ago

What we do after change 1 of 4 name ? I’m on google chrome.

J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

You change the name and submit the whole thing i guess

markasoftware
11 years ago

Look up JavaScript tutorials for adding option elements to select boxes. I did it and it let me through!

J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

You actually just need html for this level or the “inspect elements” in chrome.

slaine
11 years ago

I added Ronald to the html code and ftp to my webserver and run the code from there. Hope this wasnt a spoiler.

J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

Guess it was a spoiler ‘cause you said how to do it.
And by the way you don’t have to upload the html you can run it directly from your desktop

Mr.HeX
11 years ago

how can edit this page on chrome?

daMage
11 years ago

Mr.Hex: Check the inspect element function… it has been mentioned in many threads already :)

inspect element and search for the name that you want to change :)

pizzaman80
11 years ago

im using firefox and it wont let me edit to type anything in so i cant add his name

daMage
11 years ago

As flabby suggested in this very thread: if you use firefox, get the firebug addon

LITHB
11 years ago

any body has a link to firefox 16 download? cant find it …

daMage
11 years ago

Have you looked at the firebug site? or even google?

LITHB
11 years ago

i first need ff 16 before using it… only find ff17 downloads … and there firebug doesnt work (at least for me).

completed the lvl using google chrome but most hints are for firefox and it seems easier with it.

daMage
11 years ago

I use FF 17.0.1 and firebug works fine

daMage
11 years ago | edited 11 years ago
jake [bigduke6]
11 years ago

hello all . ive just html edited sams name for ronald how do i submit the page ? whats the next step ? on chrome btw :)

[deleted user]
11 years ago

WOW such a lot of headaches over such a simple task. Like Flabby and daMadge said use firebug dead simple. Heck, if you can’t get this one what hope is left for you? :)

J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

You just press the submit button after changing the name - that’s all.

daMage
11 years ago | edited 11 years ago

@bigduke6: yes you have to login as Ronald, just like the level says…
Edit: ColdIV: you’re too fast

jake [bigduke6]
11 years ago

chill dudes im new to this . done all the source code an shit but now what ? where do i go from the source code page

J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

hello all . ive just html edited sams name for ronald how do i submit the page ? whats the next step ? on chrome btw
Well I don’t know HOW you did it,

but if you did it with ‘Inspect Elements’ (Right Click) then you can just press the submit button and everything is done.
And if you used a HTML file on your PC to change the name then you can also just press the submit button.

daMage
11 years ago

if you did it correctly, you should see “Ronald” as an option in the drop down menu on the page. Then just select it and click the submit button.

jake [bigduke6]
11 years ago

yep DaMage saw that in the source code . wheres the submit button ? sorry for my incompetence im not really a computer guy lol

daMage
11 years ago

Under the drop down menu? The one labeled “Submit”?

jake [bigduke6]
11 years ago

dont have a “submit” on my drop down window

maybe you have to much @bigduke6 ?

J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

Not on the dropdown menu he said under it.
It should be directly under the input box, you shouldn’t be able to miss it.

jake [bigduke6]
11 years ago

really not gettin this chaps . please tell me where this button is exactly ? on chrome btw

J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

You’re here: http://www.hackthis.co.uk/levels/m6.php
Then you change for example “John” to “Ronald” and press the submit-button under the dropdown-box with the names in it.
It’s just the normal button with “Submit” written on it.

Walter
11 years ago

what if i edit in html in firefox?

J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

Well I’m using chrome but it should be the same with firebug

i think he change something more than he should change @-@

Ghost [icehead]
11 years ago

Am mr rabbit I suggest you change the login from ronald and let user add what ever they want, so understand t would be easier. That’s just a suggestion

eBoy3D
11 years ago

using firefox… install firebug and edit the source code by replacing on of the name with ronald

Using chrome right clik and select inspect element , from that you can add ronald to the drop down box!

zzzhhumanmk1
11 years ago

i had a weird thing happen.
i managed to delete the “JOHN” entry, but for some reason i couldn’t re enter it .
no matter, i solved it at the end of the day, i just found that little thingo interestin.

you would think if you can delete a line of code, you could then re enter it.

i suppose when we think about permissions, that’s not necessarily true.

Universal123123
11 years ago

i still' don’t get it!!!
I use google chrome and using inspector I am able to edit Ronald instead of John but after that I have no idea what to do with my new source page…
How do I do it ???

J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

You just have to Submit it after you changed John to Ronald.

maly
11 years ago

Hi everyone. I using chrome. I change sam on ronald in source code, but i don’t know how can I save changes? Please help me.

maly
11 years ago

OK i do it :D

belzebub
11 years ago

hey everyone.. i’m using chrome but i can’t edit the source code..

i need help pls..

daMage
11 years ago

Did you find the “inspect element” option?

ehab123
11 years ago

just go on youtube if you are really stuck and tye in olli43 he has all the tutorials for everysingle one ! :)

heavenlyMe
11 years ago

@ehab123, that’s not solution imo. Cmon, what you get is what you learn, right?

SuRam
10 years ago

another alternate way without editing the source code is using Tamperdata .. try using.. will save u from codes.. :P :) good luck

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

hmm , i think there are probably 3 - 4 ways of solving this level !!!! lol

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Why are you all making this seem like a hard level. It has been done to death. If this level was any easier Flabby would have just made it so all you did was type in the name needed rather than the difficult task of using your head and a little html, or even firebug or how about chrome. Like daMage has pointed out or flabbyrabbit or many other members. One thing, why the hell use Tamperdata?? FFS get a grip! “inspect element”

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

thats wat i’m saying !!!

Mr.DeW420
10 years ago

i changed the name on the source code of sam to ronald but i just dont know how to save it im using chrome.

DaGr8Kornolio
10 years ago

I’ve read the whole post… Veteran are reaaaaallllyyy patient in here. Congratulation! I can’t believe if you read the whole thing that you can’t find out the solution…

Where is the submit button??? I almost want to post a picture…

DaGr8

sean8998
10 years ago

when using chrome after finish edit as html, click anywhere to save it,dont need to press Enter

itstayduhh
10 years ago

Okay so I have read this entire forum and I just can’t seem to figure this one out. I know what I’m gonna get it is “just do the level and stop asking for the answer” but I really just can’t get this one. I know that its easy as well as the other ones but I just don’t know, I am stumped which is not what usually happens cuz im not terrible at this stuff but I am really struggling with level main 5 can somebody just give me a good hint please and thnxxx

itstayduhh
10 years ago

I meam level six lool

itstayduhh
10 years ago

I don’t have Firefox or whatever firebug is so I can’t get to the whole element thing so WHAT DO I DO IM SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

thetestingonexD
10 years ago

then download it :P

daMage
10 years ago

Which browser do you use? You shouldn’t have any problems in chrome/chromium nor even with IE 7 or newer. If you don’t already know, google how to open the developer tools for your browser.

itstayduhh
10 years ago

yeah I use IE 7 but im just so lost on this level, been trying all night and my god I just cant get it! thank…any other hints daMage?

guuf
10 years ago

itstayduhh, for IE7 use F12 function key which open the developer tools, edit the html by opening the + signs till you reach the names then click and edit one.

itstayduhh
10 years ago

There is no F12 function tool b/c I am using a tablet.

J [ColdIV]
10 years ago

IE7 and tablet… no no no :(

at least for now it is a no no. i would love a little hacking tablet…..hacklet

Reply has been removed
Kaldah
3 years ago | edited 3 years ago

First, this is an english forum so please speak english (or if you really can’t you can PM me or use a translator like deepl. Second, this thread has been inactive for 6 years so things have changed (before, the name of the website was “hackthis!!” and most passwords and login changed). Third, please read what the level is asking you to do: you have to login as “snipergod” (or an other username, it looks like each user has a different one) not “Ronald”, that’s why it doesn’t work x)

Thanks. I don’t understand why they logged in as ‘Ronald’. The title I saw was ‘Sniperwish’, but I didn’t expect it to be a user name

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 68

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss