-File Inclusion
-Server Side Includes
-XSS

32replies
15voices
308views
daMage
11 years ago

I think Null byte, path traversal and file inclusion are parts of some levels…

dalou
11 years ago

That’s true. I just want a lot more levels lol.

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
11 years ago

How about trying to put together your own level?

There are some cool ideas that I would like to look into but most would require dedicated servers to run and we do not have the funds to make this possible.

dalou
11 years ago

Sounds like a plan.

Peter [verath]
11 years ago

Said it before, but it would really be super cool to have something like an API allowing third-party levels to somehow connect with hackthis. Doesn’t have to be directly tied to the score (that would probably be quite the bad idea tbh), but a list of completed “other” levels on the profile would be nice.

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
11 years ago

There is a major project that is in its early stages but when ready will address Verath’s idea. Making it possible for anyone to create levels and much much more.

mikeranger40
11 years ago

I think you should be able to submit levels, have them tested, etc. by staff, and if good be put into another level group named “Player Made Levels” or something. But I do think they should be worth some amount of points, no matter how small.

J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

I like Verath’s idea, looking forward for it :)

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
11 years ago

@mikeranger40 feel free to submit your ideas to us. The point in the level ideas is to submit your ideas. If you feel like making a complete level then submit it … we will be ecstatic to look at it.

HaCkEr7OoR
11 years ago

i need here

mikeranger40
11 years ago

oh… sorry…

hi, I’m new to this site! I need help to complete my status. I’ve completed all 10 levels of the principal. Now, I need help to complete the remaining steps.

J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

You should ask in the right topic.
And read first because many questions and problems have already been talked about. It might help you

Aw ok thx u !

DRAGON HACK'S [OCTO20]
11 years ago

i think that you should make a site that all the good hackers can put their name on. but they will have to hack it to put their name on it. and it should be quite hard to hack aswell so that only the very good hackers can have their name on the board.

DRAGON HACK'S [OCTO20]
11 years ago

he see’s you when your sleeping
he know’s when your awake
he know’s when to hack your ass
sooo you better watch out
you better not shout
you better not phone thoughs god damn fed’s
cause Dragon Hack’s is coming to town
Dragon Hacks is coming to town
oh yeah
wo wowo
oh yeah
wo wowo
he’s comming to town
oh yeah
wo wowo
oh yeah baby oh yeah

lollllllllllllllllllll

[deleted user]
11 years ago

Hi Flabby, I’ve not been on for a while and was just browsing through. You mentioned members sending in there ideas or even full levels. Can I ask you. Whatever happened about the levels I sent you in? Just out of interest as I’ve never heard about anything back from you since the site was re-worked? Just a thought. Hope you are all well, hello to Verath, deMadge and all my other friends. Keep up the good work on here. :):)

daMage
11 years ago

Hi there ANONRA!
Long time since I’ve seen you online.. Welcome back :)

[deleted user]
11 years ago

Thanks daMage been ill for a while but alright now.. Nice to see the re-vamped hackthis looks good
have been doing a little posting to try and get back into the swing of it. Hope you are well and have a good
weekend mate.

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
11 years ago | edited 11 years ago

@ANONRA tbh they slipped my mind, I will have a look around for them and maybe they will be included in the next batch :) thanks for the reminder

P.S. Welcome back :D

[deleted user]
11 years ago

No problem Flabby, I know you have had you hands full with the update and the problem you had with your IP Would be nice if you found them but is not I can always stick a couple together for you. Still let me know mate.
Have a great weekend! :)

silvergeny
11 years ago

IM don’t understand what need to do in “basic” leveld wish the dovnloud fiels

silvergeny
11 years ago

“basic” levels sorry

hmjunaid
11 years ago

i’m new to this site so i.m totally unable to find the password of main level 5 ….1can anyone tell me how it will be solved

J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

Welcome, you should look in the right topic, read everything and if you still need help ask there.

zzzhhumanmk1
11 years ago

THIS IDEA PERTAINS TO MAIN LEVEL 7, it’s not so much an idea to get to the solution, it’s more of FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
Now.. i know from my internet marketing, Testing, That there is no such thing as a no follow link (at least not from the eyes of google. so.. i read up about “what is a robot.txt file” on wikepeadia (hint. anyone seeking the answer to level 7 , should do the same) .. moving on.. it said that the robot.txt file could dictate whether follow or no follow was enabled or not, so… if that’s correct , then how is it possible that when i setup my site, initially to be no follow, google still indexed it. I have proven this time and time again, that google bots can index any site they wish. so now, i’m trying to find logical reason to what i have read, Sure it helped me get passed the level , but just as there is reason to the robot.txt standard, there has to be a reason for my test results also. can anyone supply another opinion (preferably based on fact) thanks

zzzhhumanmk1
11 years ago

ohh, one other thing, i was under the understanding that the robot.txt file could only be accessed EVER, once on every site. now maybe i’ve misunderstood something, but i accessed the robot.txt file, then closed the browser and accessed it again and did that about 7 times over. How was i able to do that if the above is true ???

Kabue
11 years ago

Hey Zzzhhuman
“Robots that choose to follow the instructions” - wikipedia. so yes, robots like google, can choose not to follow your advise, and just index your site no matter what you write in robots.txt. But in this case they apparently choose to follow these guidelines with hackthis.co.uk.
And where have you read that the robots.txt file only can be accessed once? that’s not true :P, it can be accessed as many times as you like ^_^.
-Kabue

[deleted user]
11 years ago

[color=“white”]Ok lets get this robots.txt sorted out. When someone upload their website to a server they can also upload a text file called ‘robots.txt’
Web site owners use the file to give instructions about their site to web robots; this is called The Robots Exclusion Protocol.

[color=“yellow”]User-agent: *
Disallow: /[color=“white”]

The “ User-agent: * ” means this section applies to ALL ROBOTS. The “Disallow: /” tells the robot that it should not visit any pages on this website. But certain robots can ignore your robots.txt file. Especially malware robots who scan the web for any security vulnerabilities, and also email address harvesters that are used by spammers will pay no attention to the robots.txt file.

Saying all that remember that the robots.txt file is a publicly available file. Anyone can see what sections of your server you don’t want robots to use. So don’t try to use robots.txt to hide information. :)

The point is: The robots.txt file will be used only once on any website (you could place another copy of the robot.txt file in another directory but this would just be a waste of time as no robot would look for it there) and you can read this file any amount of times you want. After all It is just a text file on the server.

If you typed in to your url window: http//whateversite.com/index.html your computer
will automatically use your browser to actuate the html file so when you use the url the machine uses the default for your txt files and puts the file up onto your screen. OK? :)

Try_Hard
11 years ago

I think that there should be more levels like the intermediate level 2 where you have to code and send a password to the website so then it tests the peoples knowledge of HTML coding and learning to send a password to the website.

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
11 years ago | edited 11 years ago

If you have your own level suggestion please create a new thread here. Closing this thread as it’s going wildly of topic.

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 33

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss