DNS problem

ellinka
6 years ago

Can someone help me on this.. So I changed my DNS addresses but it still shows the name of my net provider how to fix that?

4replies
3voices
211views
dloser
6 years ago

You might want to give bit more information. What do you mean with “my DNS addresses”? Where does it show what when?

ellinka
6 years ago

I dont know I probably didnt say it right but I meant that t changed my DNS but the name of my real internet provider shows when I write the command cat /etc/ resolv.conf buut I fixed it haah thank you :))

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

I don’t really understand what you are trying to achieve here, but the content of /etc/resolv.conf is likely to be dynamically generated by a framwork called resolvconf, when you connect to a network which gives you a DNS server via DHCP for example, so editing it manually may not be permanent. It all depends on your system, but considering that most Linux distros include resolvconf, you are likely to have it.

See $ man /etc/resolv.conf
and$ man resolvconf

If you want to change your default DNS server, you may be able to change it on your router’s configuration, so that it is effective on your hole network, via DHCP.

ellinka
6 years ago

Yes, its not permanent I do it every time I turn on the VM. Im not sure too :D ….. Thank you looks like I need to learn some things :D :))

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 5

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss