Trouble Login: Not secure

guuf
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

Your connection is not secure

The owner of www.hackthis.co.uk has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

I’m gone!

20replies
13voices
337views
1image
horus 71 [brelok]
6 years ago

I’m facing the same issue, which is that the certificate has expired.
Expiration date: february 28th 2018
Today is the 1st march2018

Is this “bug” part of the game ? :) :)

PS: To avoid this, I have changed my system date for a few days in the past!

Pipaulstar
6 years ago

You can access to the website with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge

Darwin [DIDIx13]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

The free SSL certificate of HackThis has expired maybe the website was hacked or just new update from Firefox and Chrome ?`

That’s a very big issue with priority @flabbyrabbit

Let us know if the website has some malware who can infect us.

dloser
6 years ago

Everyone, flabbyrabbit told me to tell you that everything is fine. This is not a hack. I repeat: This is not a hack!

Please, continue logging in and tell all your friends to do the same. Your passwords are 100% safe [s]with me[/s].

? [bolofecal]
6 years ago

[quote=dloser]with me[/quote]

lol +1

KittyTechno
6 years ago

How to Delete HSTS Settings in Firefox:

We will cover two different methods for deleting HSTS settings in Firefox. The first method should work in most cases but we also included a manual option if needed.

Close all open tabs in Firefox.  
Open the full History window with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + H (Cmd + Shift + H on Mac). You must use this window or the sidebar for the below options to be available.  
Find the site you want to delete the HSTS settings for  you can search for the site at the upper right if needed.  
Right-click the site from the list of items and click Forget About This Site.This should clear the HSTS settings (and other cache data) for that domain.  
Restart Firefox and visit the site. You should now be able to visit the site over HTTP/broken 
KittyTechno
6 years ago

that worked for me at least

:3

fred [feuerstein]
6 years ago

broke my 109dayslastingeverydaylogin for that :@

Darwin [DIDIx13]
6 years ago

You can connect with In-Private mode or on your phone ;)

KittyTechno
6 years ago

It broke the 109 login days because it cleared other catch data which was stated in my last post

KittyTechno
6 years ago

That includes login days

dloser
6 years ago

Yeah… no. Consecutive days are not stored client-side.

SigmaOne
6 years ago

You can add an exception if you go to about:support, click open directory, and edit SiteSecurityServiceState.txt. Remove all lines which mention hackthis.co.uk. Then restart firefox.

crua9
6 years ago

It’s a cert issue. I e-mailed the site owner to maybe look into this. I ended up having to use edge myself to get in since everything else I have has idiot guards I guess (chrome and firefox).

The thing is just saying the cert expired/isn’t valid.

charcode78
6 years ago

When will the certificates be fixed?

crua9
6 years ago

I thought it would’ve been done by now. Only the site owner knows.
I hope soon.

SilentKiller44
6 years ago

This site SSL server certificate was expired thats why it was down. You can view more by clicking on secure in chrome.

dloser
6 years ago

Just in case you don’t notice it: the certificate has been renewed.

Don’t forget to remove any security exceptions you might have added.

SilentKiller44
6 years ago

R.i.p my consecutive 94 logged in days

dimooz
6 years ago

[quote=dloser][…]the certificate has been renewed.[/quote]

Great :D

[quote=SilentKiller44]R.i.p my consecutive 94 logged in days[/quote]

Too bad, but you could have logged in anyway?

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 21

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss