Help im new!!!

Beach

Marvelrage
10 years ago

I see people are saying open it with notepad but i dont even know how to do that and if anyone could show me articles or sites that would be awesome i literally JUST started today

22replies
9voices
533views

soooo ummm… what are you trying to do?

Max Lockhart [MaxLockhart]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

Are you trying to view the websites source code or just programming? Correct me if I’m wrong but, you sound a bit new to this side of the web. If so you have a great amount of learning ahead of you and treacherous journey. It’ll be fun ;)

Marvelrage
10 years ago

yea im definetely new to this side of the web im just trying to do something new and this seemed really cool and interesting to me but really confusing

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

@Marvelrage: Yeah, “this” seems cool but “this” requires a lot of knowledge too. Basic+ Level 4, isn’t it?

processing

Wait a second. You haven’t finished 10 main levels yet. Do you know anything about HTML or source code?

guuf
10 years ago

Marvelrage, welcome to hackthis.co, Main Level 1 is the best place to start, Acclimate yourself to site, read info, see date created, approx. difficulty by amount of points, and number of people that completed it. Show hint is the key info. Sometimes it tells you what to do, though cryptically, unclear Read/Ask the Forum Post, solutions are there, but you need to piece it together. Dont Post solutions. Keep a log of your techniques for future Levels, Login every day to get Medals and increase your score. Read the Level Info: Show hint, Forum: Main Level 1 Post, cannot be stress enough!! I learned faster when I did the levels in sequence because they seem to build on previous levels.
If completely lost Google/Youtube, only after working on them for a while, to get the levels full benefit of knowledge.

As I reccomend for everyone, W3schools and codeacademy is the best place to learn html and any other programming language. You are going to need to know how to do html. Before you find holes in security and vulnerabilities to exploit you will need to understand how to read them first and analyze the code. Then– you can find the errors to utilize and breach your target.

Hacking is Non Convenenal Ways of Interacting with Systems - eli the computer guy

There are many ways of hacking but it all leads down to the same thing. Whatever your motives are it all boils down to how you approach the attack.

Learn html though because whatever you’re doing, you will eventually run into html at some point in time.

Nighttshad3
10 years ago

Yes, W3Schools and CodeAcadamy are a great place to learn. Hacking will take a lot of time, effort and patience to learn how to do this sort of stuff, but it is defiantly worth it.

I recommend finding out what kind of hacker you want to be and what area you want to focus in. Whether you want to be a “White Hat”, “Grey Hat” or “Black Hat” (More Information here); also if you want to focus on encryption, or attacks, or whatever. I suggest looking up some info on the types of hackers so you know what to focus in.

I hope you have fun on this site and enjoy your stay. Also learn HTML, it’s a must.

Nighttshad3
10 years ago

Also the answer the original question, don’t open it in notepad. There is a much, much easier way.

Here’s a hint

Have a good look around in the properties of the file

Marvelrage
10 years ago

thanks for the replies guys and proabably gray hat but not really interested in screwing people over and stuff

Reply has been removed
Nighttshad3
10 years ago

Yeah most people are grey hat’s when it comes to hacking.

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

@SFisher: @Marvelrage will surely love this site if he intends to learn a lot, not just to solve some levels. :p

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

as a start how about you learn basic html?

Gaurav369
10 years ago

i want to hack a company database without being caught can anyone help me how to do so
please i am an amature….

@Gaurav369: >This site does not encourage or condone any illegal activity, or attempts to hack into any network where they do not have authority to do so.

SFisher
10 years ago

Amature or immature? xD
Professional red teaming!

Leroy [Leroy0070]
10 years ago

Wow! You guys are very helpful not only to the one who asked but for anyone reading here

@Leroy0070: Of course we are helpful. The ultimate purpose is to [s]spam[/s] spread the knowledge to everyone!!!

Leroy [Leroy0070]
10 years ago

Have you also been to Hackthissite.org

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

Yes, yes I am. But I want to stay here on HackThis!! more than HTS.

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

HTS was and still full of tards who think they are a big deal, im not saying they are idiots, some really know a lot.
but not many help nor even attempt to. wither its a mission related or any other question.
the number 1 answer is google.
i know i can google, but google what!

Leroy [Leroy0070]
10 years ago

Point taken buddy. HT is more helpful now that you mentioned it.

Nighttshad3
10 years ago

Yeah, I really like HTS as a site, it has great missions and everything but when it comes to learning the community HT is a lot nicer and friendlier. Personally I’ve learned a lot more on HT than I have at HTS, but HTS I guess just has more of a learn it yourself style which I admit, can be good for some people but others not so much.

But at the end of the day they’re both really good sites to practice and learn from.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 23

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss