softowl8
10 years ago

Hi

I am struggling with this one, I hope someone can help me :)

I have read the previous thread, and from my very inexperienced perspective I am grasping the concept of LDAP and I have been browsing the links.

My confusion is around how to alter the code… how/where are you guys writing/ altering the code. I have been trying the URL ldap://hackthis.co.uk which comes up with a search box of some kind. I have the feeling that this is not right though :/

Any other clues on how to think about this one (other than “like a programmer” - because im not :‘( …)

17replies
10voices
362views
jayssj11
10 years ago

LDAP injection is not required .

[deleted user]
10 years ago

It’s not using SQL but it looks like SQL. I hope this help ^^

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

XML Can be used just as sql.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

softowl8,

This below URL will help a lot.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/XPATH_Injection

Finally completed this level for 18 attemps :x, just make the xpath query return true with ‘Sandra Murphy’ :D

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Congrats man !!!
Hope you learn a lot more here !!

softowl8
10 years ago

well done vna220792 im still attempting away :)

Initially, you may feel stuck. When you successfull inject the true condition, you will see an other error alert. instead of “Invalid details”. :)

Any other clues to complete this level.. i am confused.. :) thank u guyz :)

[deleted user]
10 years ago

All you need is the hint for the syntax and the link posted by tlotr, it’s not very hard ;)

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

Attempts: 21 Duration: 38 days
I had hard time to solve this level :| . Just a note for anyone struggling with it:

XPath query is case-sensitive.

TaaRt
10 years ago

Combined the second thing vna said and tlotr’s link, with zero experience (but some basic understanding) in sql injection it’s possible to solve it

Reply has been removed
Susan S [Trinity]
10 years ago

I just don’t believe that I was missing three characters in the solution what an idiot I was over thinking things and getting stuck in the same rut over and over again thanks to tlotr, freewind1012 and ADIGA patience, help and direction I eventually completed this level.

I wish I could explain more on here about the small part of the solution I was missing out in my injection but I mustn’t give it away and spoil it for others. Thank you guys once again, tlotr, freewind1012 and ADIGA for taking the time and not telling me to piss off as I must have been driving you guys mad, and for putting me on the right direction to solve this level. Thank you!! :)

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

@Trinity: You’re welcome. In fact I welcome all people who have patient / persistent attitude in solving problem.

Susan S [Trinity]
10 years ago

Well my friend freewind1012, you most certainly had patience with me. :)

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Trinity: You are most welcome :)

Reply has been removed
Susan S [Trinity]
10 years ago

Thanks again tlotr! Gonna go and do a little more on my website, later! :)

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 18

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss