ok so i have figured out the first level of encryption but not the seconds level now i have no idea what to do, i opened this thread because the last one was closed :)

70replies
14voices
605views
Zoino
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

The second level of encryption uses a sort of a number system. Try manipulating the image (stretching/expanding) to get a better quality.

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

one more thing to add, even if you get a gay looking char in your answer … try it

Kinghaw
10 years ago

Totally agree with ADIGA, its free to try anyway :)

Why don’t you try a music software like WAVOSAUR and adjust the pitch rate and frequency rate or something like that for that wave file to get a clue !!!
I tried it but I got no clues out of it !!
I guess If someone else try they can get the answer ………………………..

@ADIGA: Andddd that’s why I didn’t think it was the right answer.

Susan S [Trinity]
10 years ago

I can see the characters (won’t put them here) I can see the two layers but getting a bit bogged down. Must try harder!! :)

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Can someone recommend some software’s that can help in resolving this issue.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Hi Zoino,

What do you mean by “manipulating the image (stretching/expanding) to get a better quality”.

Is there an image hidden in the .wav file that I need to recover. Something like this. I might be completely wrong here.

Zoino
10 years ago

You are on the right lines :)

LanaRuza
10 years ago

gatting crazy here, found image, tried morse and mayan but no success plz help :(

I think there’s enough information to solve Crypt Level 6 in this thread. :p

Kinghaw
10 years ago

the answer to solve Crypt Level 6 got so obvious now…. try read them again if you don’t get it.

jayssj11
10 years ago

watch old thread enough info to complete level .

[deleted user]

Is it Mayan numbering system the dots and dashes and what is that ? == to.

@tlotr: You should consider your post as spoiler.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

freewind1012 - I was thinking of putting it under spoiler then I thought it might not be a spoiler but I’ve made the changes.

i can not get the myan num system to work D;

Zoino
10 years ago

What are you having trouble with?

i convert the the symbols into numbers with the mayan numbering chart and add the other text (dont wana spoil it and say the text) then it wont accept D;

@zLKidda: @flabbyrabbit added another hint yesterday.

The answer is not a word and does contain at least one special character.
That means it just a random string containing at least one special character.

yer i have seen it and i that me confused even more because my attempts fit that criteria

If it doesn’t work, it is wrong. :p

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Have a look at Keeper’s tutorial - Hybrid Multiple Layer Encryption, I think you will at least gain a clue from it.
https://www.hackthis.co.uk/articles/hybrid-multiple-layer-encryption

I tried the mayan numeric a few times but it seems not work :(. And there is a special character, does it need to decrypt?

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

@vna220792: Official hint:

The answer is not a word and does contain at least one special character.
That means it just a random string containing at least one special character.

And remember this: If it doesn’t work, it is wrong. :p

Kinghaw
10 years ago

after you figure out the image, you have to do something else to the result you found before entering the password :)

Kinghaw
10 years ago

feels free to send me ur result from the image. i will answer with yes and no, as i can remember it off by heart now….

@Kinghaw: Really? I don’t even remember that totally random string, lol.

Kinghaw
10 years ago

not the answer, i mean the result after u solved the image :D

I’ve completed this level >:D<, we need one decoding step after we see the message in the audio file. :) The message contain at least one special character :)

[deleted user]
10 years ago

I found >> some numbers[/spoiler] but I still can’t find what I’m suppose to do with them. I understood that I have to [spoiler]translate them into letters with at least one special character but what is the method?

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

@fkpuzat: How about doing something to get some food for thought? :p

Re-visiting Coding Level 2

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Is Crypt 6 somewhat similar to Coding 2? I haven’t completed either of those levels, and I doubt I will either. :/

@crypticvoid: Just food for thought, dude.

[deleted user]

Ok, cool.

Does Crypt 6 take long to complete?

Susan S [Trinity]

crypticvoid said: Is Crypt 6 somewhat similar to Coding 2?
Answer …… Not really!

Statey
10 years ago

to cryptidvoid:
no it dont. Due to all the comments in Forum it became quite easy.
if you try yourself wout Forum itll probably take a bit.

Zoino
10 years ago

Once you have your string of numbers that you decoded from the symbols you must use >> one of the most common decoding techniques to turn those numbers it into ascii characters

[deleted user]

One thing at a time, lol. I’m still a newbie when it comes to steganography/cryptography. Thank you for your posts however. :) I’m sure I’ll find them useful. :D

Reply has been removed
[deleted user]
10 years ago

Then why does the level say it uses basic steganography techniques? I’m lost. From one of Keeper’s forums, I think I understand the frequency analysis bit, I THINK… :P

Statey
10 years ago

oh sry just was mixing up smth. :D

everything you do need for this level is mentioned in posts before :D

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Ok then, thank you. :)

Zoino
10 years ago

I think there are plenty of hints to complete this level now. I would recommend closing this thread.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

I hope that wasn’t directed at me, because I didn’t start the thread lol. But I agree, there’s enough hints.

Zoino
10 years ago

No, this wasn’t directed at you at all, it was just a general statement. This thread is getting very long, and as i said there are plenty of hints to complete the level by now.

Now what this thread is missing is the string itself, lol.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Well, despite all the hints, I’m still not fully catching on, so lol. :D

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Hi crypticvoid this one should be able to be passed using all the hints so far like Zoino said but you might be trying too hard and missing the point. A nice bit of software to use is WavePad Sound Editor try manipulating the sound. I can’t really tell you anymore as it would be a 100% spoiler and I’d get slapped by Flabby, ADIGA or one of the moderators. The answer is all here in these forum posts.

[deleted user]

Hi, I’ve picked up this:

The answer is NOT a word, but a random string with at least ONE special character

And also to use a editing software to modify the sound file, I have WavePad but I downgraded it after I used up the trial, so I’m searching for another program. I don’t think I’m missing the point now lol. :D

I’m trying to install Wavosaur, I chose the custom install, there’s an optional package, but there is no Decline button, only next, back and cancel, I do not want to install the package, only Wavosaur, what do I do? There’s no check box either. :/

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

@crypticvoid: Are you kidding me? Now you ask us how to install softwares on your computer?

[deleted user]

Dude chill out, I installed it, but I didn’t want to install the optional package, and there was no decline button. No, I am not “kidding” you. Did you read correctly?

Susan S [Trinity]
10 years ago

Hey crypticvoid, just install it all and if there is part you don’t really want the just uninstall that part. Nothing lost, nothing gained except for what you wanted in the first place and by the way the version I have of WavePad is free to non comercial users. okay? :)

So someone said “Use this software! Use that software!” and you chose to use, right? No one recommended it from the start. Read this thread.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Yeah I just installed all of it, lol. Hmm, ok.

[deleted user]

FW for fuck sake, will you give it a rest? Just because you’ve completed the level and I haven’t doesn’t mean you can jump down my throat, give it a fucking rest. Excuse me for installing a bit of software…

Fine. I shouldn’t post anything in this thread any more. You just purely want to solve this level, not to learn anything.

[deleted user]

That’s not true. I do want to learn. It’s just people like you who make things difficult. Why don’t you just STFU and let me get on with it instead of jumping to conclusions? Stop acting like a b*tch too.

My profile says:
[quote=CrypticVoid]I love computers very much. I want to understand as much as there is, from hardware to software and so forth.[/quote]

Susan S [Trinity]
10 years ago

Now now boys please calm down its only a game really. No need to get upset. Please have a nice day and merry Christmas when it comes around :)

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Ok, I’m sorry. I wouldn’t be upset if FW wasn’t so annoying. Anyway, I hope you have a nice day too, and a Merry Christmas when it arrives. :D

Zoino
10 years ago

Like i said… this thread should be closed….

Susan S [Trinity]
10 years ago

Hey zoino I’m not being an ass or anything like that but don’t you think it is the moderators place to close a thread? After all you have only been on here for 10 months yourself. :)

Zoino
10 years ago

My point being that this thread is turning into an argument :L nothing to do with experience.

Susan S [Trinity]
10 years ago

I know what you mean and as far as I am concerned there is no argument so we might leave it to that okay?

[deleted user]

I wasn’t trying to be an ass either, I was pissed off at that moment, and I do apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused. :) Perhaps Flabby may decide to close the thread shortly.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

zLKidda: Please close this thread. Since you have started it you have the option to close it as well.

Fireshard

@ tlotr

that first post on second page was most definitely a spoiler… it did cut down on my time a lot and i also learned something new (those guys were smarter than the romans)

Statey
10 years ago

enough spoilers in here now. if you read the whole post youll probably be able to solve level in max half an hour. Thats why this post should be closed until sb even makes it easier.

this is not about points or saying “i solved this and that” its about learning something and especially Cypted levels are for thinking. Not for easy solving

Susan S [Trinity]
10 years ago

I agree it should be closed as it has been banging on now for some time and like Zoino, tlotr and Statey says enough is enough! :)

Susan S [Trinity]
10 years ago

Hi tlotr hope you are good? :)

Angel_light44
10 years ago

Pff looking back on this level it wasn’t that hard, just need to not over think it like I was……..
Thanks for some good hints

I would not have found the Mayan Number system thing

Anyways finished all levels now :D, this was the last.

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 71

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss