dangerousdave
10 years ago

i have tried changing my user agent and cant seem to do it

56replies
19voices
660views
Cyan Wind [freewind1012]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

Again? There’re so many threads about this problem. All I can do now: to confirm that this level still works fine. If you didn’t complete it, try again.

BeAtBoX1

http://prntscr.com/2gz9zt
what is that?
what is user agent?
how to change that?

Blackhawk176
10 years ago

well read this and see if you can make sense of it. what browser are you using?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_agent

BeAtBoX1
10 years ago

I’m using mozzila firefox but i try and with chrome and it is same thing

Blackhawk176
10 years ago

Well im not so sure about FF, but i can tell you chrome doesn’t need any extra software, It’s something that can be done with what comes with it. other than that, read up! =)

BeAtBoX1
10 years ago

i am so bad in basic + .
:(

Blackhawk176
10 years ago

Hey everyone starts somewhere. I’m currently stuck on some of the intermediate levels. I’m just reading anything and everything i think might be relevant and then some.

BeAtBoX1
10 years ago

You are at an advantage because you known the English language. I’m quite weak and theses. last night and I found this site purely out of boredom. and I liked it but now I was annoyed because I do not know still. there can not be.

s_k_k_s
10 years ago

The Levels Work Just Fine….
Keep Trying… :D

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

[quote=BeAtBoX1]You are at an advantage because you known the English language. I’m quite weak and theses. last night and I found this site purely out of boredom.[/quote]
Learn English better and come back here. If you solely want to complete the levels, you will get bored soon.

Hey guys! I’m bad at Basic + and I need help for the Level 2, please. I can’t understand that what have I need to do so I can see what User Agent is needed to pass and change mine. Please help me. :)

Blackhawk176
10 years ago

what browser are you using?

Ivaylo Grigorov [IvakaS]

I passed it :) I’m very happy about it and it was wayy too easy. Btw I’m using Firefox :)

Blackhawk176
10 years ago

ah good. have fun with basic 3 lol. that took me a day. i moved on and kept coming back to it till finally something clicked.

Thanks. For the Level 3.. I will need a few years to pass it.

Blackhawk176
10 years ago

nah. its really not that hard once you figure it out. however if your using the latest version of firefox, you may want to consider downloading chrome or an earlier version of firefox. personally, im using chrome. the developer tools it comes with makes some missions so much easier

I have Chrome too, but I thought Firefox is better. Thanks for telling me that, I will continue with the tests from Chrome :)

Blackhawk176
10 years ago

they both have their advantages, except that some of the more useful and needed firefox add-ons aren’t compatible with the latest version.

This is Basic+ Level 2 thread so let’s move to another place.

taga
10 years ago

does it matter to which user agent i switch?

@taga: Yes, it matters.

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

hey @taga just use a user agent switcher !! use firefox !!

taga
10 years ago

ok. thx. i think i figured it out to which agent i have to switch. i gonna try it

NuBuLiS

Ok guys, I seem to be completely incapable of learning! I have tried user agent switching, I’m using firefox browser downloaded user agent addon, and have tried a multitude of different agents, to no avail. I have read through the other posts on this level and I must be missing something. I read on another thread that I might be over thinking it? I will keep on searching as I do want to learn this stuff thoroughly, not just here for kicks!

[u] B) Nevermind…… !!!! Got it. I was over thinking it. as another thread said the clue is right in front of your eyes!

leduk2098
10 years ago

hello everyone can someone help me on the basic + level 2

spirit38
10 years ago

I found the correct User Agent from prior steps in a page on here,but when I change it, it does nothing I am using firefox and using the addon
And the forum is not really giving a hint to what I am doing wrong, and why it’s not working I even tries adding U; to the user agent and nothing.

I have a lot of personal disagreements with this level. I think it could be revised in my opinion. More realistic…

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

@spirit38: If it didn’t work, you had done something wrong. Simple like that. If you want to ask more details, please PM me or someone else.

@MaxLockhart: As far as I know, there’s an article about User Agent. Not sure if it was realistic enough.

@freewind1012 I know what a user agent is and already have the level done. I just have some reservations about the level because to “provided user agent” isn’t realistic to how it would be done in real life. I’ve been in situations where I needed to change my user agent due to not having admin privillages on a school computer therefore I have to change the agent to visit certain sites that I like. Never has the site told me, “Insert Level Piece Here” it was a bit more… “Formal”? Sorry I’m trying to hint things without giving any answers away lol. I’ll pm you some code on how I think the level should have been done.

leduk2098
10 years ago

freewind1012:I tried to read it but until now I didn’t pass this level

@leduk2098: Then just move on to another levels. No need to complete them in order.

Reply has been removed
warley
10 years ago

Hi, I need help in Basic + level 2, I read a lot about the users agent and even managed to change my agent several times, but it does not help anything, what should I do? any tips? I’m using Mozilla Firefox and Chrome, none of the 2 worked. Sorry for the mistakes … I’m Brasleiro ….

@warley: Yeah, read a lot and forgot this thread, right?

[IAmDevil]

Yes ,I think there should be a QUESTION saying “Did you read other related threads before creating new one? ”
Might help ;P

Fe@r-!5 [fear-15]
10 years ago

i changed the name of the user agent … to sec…………. you know what and reloded but still no use

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Hmm…. Then try all of them @fear-15 .
Select one and refresh and continue till you have done all .

Fe@r-!5 [fear-15]
10 years ago

i just have a doubt should i change the user agent alone or the agent also

Mystery [kapuccino]

You said as if there were 2 things for you to change. There’s only 1, you know.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Do a google search on how to change the user agent in chrome and will find what you are looking for.

Fe@r-!5 [fear-15]
10 years ago

quite easy if you do lots of reading in google

Fe@r-!5 [fear-15]
10 years ago

ya actually in add on with firefox if u see there are several other options to change so only asked wee i finally completed it

Mystery [kapuccino]
10 years ago

This thread is so long for a single problem.

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

So this thread should be closed !! ?

KofalinhoHSah
10 years ago

Hello everybody , i’m French and i’d like to know how to pass the basic+ 2 level , can u help me in french if it’s possible ?

( Sorry for my English ..)

[deleted user]
10 years ago

KofalinhoHSah, DON’T COME ON HERE ASKING FOR THE SOLUTION FOR A LEVEL. Work it out yourself.

Oh yes and the FRENCH:
KofalinhoHSah, NE SONT PAS SUR ICI POUR DEMANDER LA SOLUTION POUR UN NIVEAU. Travailler par vous-me.

Erika [Asuni]
10 years ago

im also stuck

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Look when you enter the level you get: User agent not accepted, only secure_user_agent allowed
so what do you think you will have to do to pass the level?? Come on guys, think!

Fe@r-!5 [fear-15]
10 years ago

use opera user agent s much easier to change and less complicated too ..just do a research on useragent and how to change it …..one last clue …..name of user agent is given right there

Fe@r-!5 [fear-15]
10 years ago

use opera user agent s much easier to change and less complicated too ..just do a research on useragent and how to change it …..one last clue …..name of user agent is given right there

[deleted user]

Ansul - You should read about user agents and you might know what the heck the level is on about. It couldn’t be simpler, well I guess it could if we told you the answer. Use your brain Ansul and not the begging bowl. Hell like fear-15 said: “use opera user agent switcher much easier to change and less complicated too ..just do a research on user agent and how to change it” Dangerousdave wants to close this levels post as it is getting stupid!

kamzhik

This guy hasn’t been on for a month. Could flabby close this?

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

Let’s poke them! poke @flabbyrabbit, poke @Osaka, poke @daMage

[deleted user]

Hi kamzhik, I should think flabby should be able to close it also the moderators could too I guess. Something wants to be done as this is getting real stupid. If they can’t work the level out by now they want to try knitting!! :)

P.S. he not only has been off for a month but he only joined a month ago……. Strange??

kamzhik

I know these guys. They wake up with the desire to be a “great hacker”, join, whine that they can’t complete a level and even open a thread about it which will remain open for a long time. Then…., they leave. No determination at all. It’s really bad tho.

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 57

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss