Flagging

Wibben
10 years ago

I think when you flag something, you should be required to provide a reason for why it should be taken down (eg. spoiler, not pertaining to the intention of the site, excessive swearing). This could discourage people from randomly flagging posts just to get the medal and so mods can see what’s wrong with the post without having to check and think too in depth about it. What do you guys think?

14replies
6voices
246views
Cyan Wind [freewind1012]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

Yeah, I always want to have a text box to give the reason why I flagged that post.

Fireshard
10 years ago

I completely agree! That would be useful.

Abhi
10 years ago

That would be a good thing to have !!

[deleted user]
10 years ago

But wouldn’t that be a waste of time.

Fireshard
10 years ago

I’m not sure I follow, @tlotr . I think that if you consider something to be flag-worthy (read offensive, here), it is worth a few extra seconds, so that others won’t be offended as well.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

@Fireshard : But why would anyone be offended. If the post is against the site’s Disclaimer then I don’t think anyone would be offended if the post is flagged.

Wibben
10 years ago

If someone makes a racial comment, mods may or may not know what it means (some of my friends didn’t know what FOB meant until a while ago, and they were saying it like a cool word before I caught them saying it). Also, if someone tries to ask how to hack facebook or whatnot, they’re bound to be bombarded with comments about trying to hack facebook, (and here’s another suggestion on top of the flagging thing) they’d be flagged and a reason would be provided regarding the disclaimer, then the reason would be sent to the user himself to tell him about why he was flagged.

Wibben
10 years ago

can someone flag this reply? I want to check something.

[deleted user]

Done @Wibben

Let me know if you receive a message or something that your post was flagged.

Wibben
10 years ago

no it doesn’t seem to be sending notifications about being flagged

[deleted user]

Yes that what I thought so. Only the admin’s knows that the post are flagged and the number of times it’s been flagged.

@Wibben : Can you flag this post of mine. I want to check something as well.

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

When your post is reported, nothing will happen unless the moderator / administrator handle (read and delete) it. Then you will receive a ticket.

qwerert
10 years ago

What’s a ticket?

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

A message to inform you why your post was deleted (from administrator / moderator’s point of view).

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 15

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss