Money transferred, but nothing...

Planet Bid

Hackay
10 years ago

Hey guys,

I already read all the threads about this part of the level, but what is discribed doesn’t match with my problem…
That’s why I decide to open a new thread (and I didn’t want to…).

What I did :
1. Open Safe Transfer
2. Login with username and password
3. Transactions
4. Transfer funds
5. Amount : 1.** / Account : Revoked.Mayhem
6. “Funds withdrawn”
7. Close the tab
8. Nothing happen, still “Incomplete”

I did it several times so Revoked.Mayhem has got more than he wanted. How can I reset it ?

What is going wrong ?

Thank you very much for you help !

34replies
4voices
406views
[IAmDevil]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

Hmm do you remember you have to clear something!?
And go around and see all other threads. Lol @freewind1012 :)

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

I am PRETTY SURE that you didn’t read all the threads. It is right here. Feel like you just read half of them and said “That must be it! Now I know everything to solve the level with my half knowledge!”.

Hackay
10 years ago

Thank you for your answers, I already read that I have to clear the logs. More, I already read this thread @freewind1012 and did as Gninja said page 2.
In order to clear the logs I don’t know what to do exactly if it’s not just close the tab…

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Its right under_your_nose. Look more carefully and check all the pages of the level! :)

Hackay
10 years ago

Thank you, is it about :

email ?

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Well I don’t quite remember this level clearly. But that may be it. :/

The log problem does NOT relate to the email problem.

Hackay

Thank you very much @IAmDevil !
I’m going to check this out.
Do you think it could be a problem if I gave the amount several times ?

EDIT : Thank you @freewind1012. Could you please give me a hint about those logs ?

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

No there is no problem giving more amount. As its said More is always better! :p

Hackay

It is written :

[quote=the_friend]P.S. I only want the money that i am owed, no more no less.[/quote]

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

@Hackay: If you already read that then you had to read this too:

Also I have heard a lot in the news about the government clamping down on hackers so beware.
That is not a mere warning. You have to do something to avoid getting caught.

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Its just a sentence. Maybe the level code has been changed and now only accepts the exact same amount! But as far as I remember more money should'nt create any problem. :)

Hackay
10 years ago

Thank you @IAmDevil !
@freewind1012 this is because I read that, that I used Tor in order to tranfer the money… I am lost…

[IAmDevil]

Lol you don’t need to take that extreme precautions (using tor) to save yourself from getting caught. I think you took the warning too seriously! :p
Just find the page and clear the logs and you’ll be done!

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

Uh oh! Things get serious. Everything is simulated in Real Level 4. You don’t need to use anything outside to complete this level. I recommend you to observe more.

Hackay
10 years ago

Haha ok guys :)
Thank you, I am going to have a better look !
I go back to you if my efforts are vains.

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Haha always ready to help. :)
And if you don’t get it just come here or anywhere else as there are plenty of threads everywhere! :p

Hackay
10 years ago

Here is a good place ;)
Could you just answer these 2 questions please :

• Are the logs to clear in the same page than the transaction ?
  • Are the logs to clear in another site (Planet Bid ?)

Thank you again !

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

In real life, there’s no one answering about what you absolutely can do. Answer those questions by yourself. -_-

Feel like a babysitter. Gotta unwatch now.

Hackay
10 years ago

That is why I am here, to learn from people more advanced than me… If you don’t want to be that person helping me, then don’t be, I’m just asking somehing, you are free to answer.
I am checking it by myself for a while already, don’t worry…

If you need a technical answer, then I will join again. If you are about asking “Should I do it? Should I click that button? Should I do that action?”, then feel free because no bomb will blow up.

Hackay

Ok, I understand your point.
Then :

Is it about user agent ?

EDIT : I’m definitely lost with the logs to clear… Anyone for a hint about it ?

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

No its nothing related to User agents! Just search the first page after logging in. I think I gave a bloody big hint here! :)

Hackay
10 years ago

This is greatly appreciated thank you very much, I am on it since a long time already…
I removed some files from C:\Users***\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default but still nothing…
I’m going to have a look on your “bloody big hint” then ! ;)

Abhi
10 years ago

@Hackay , all that I can help for your logs problem is that I can suggest you to redo the level…..and just observe carefully whatever you see on your screen…..you’ll soon find what is the thing that you need to do to clear the logs !!
Some other questions' reply that were asked in this level :
1 Is the level pertaining to User Agent ?
>> No , nothing like that !![/spoiler]

2 Will sending more money matters ?
<!- Yes , if you send more money than he should get….it’ll be an unsuccessful attempt…but you can try the level as many times as you want .

3 Is the problem related to email ?
[spoiler]You need to have the correct email for the level , other than that , not much important in this case . -!>

If anyone feels I disclosed any part of the answer….please tell….though the answer seems well concealed !!

Hackay

Ahhhhh !! I’m gonna kill myself… I’m still stuck, even after the “bloody big hint” from @IAmDevil :(
I’ve obviously found the “first page after logging in”

login.php?go

I analysed the source code of this page but no clue (maybe the javascript ?)…

but still don’t understand the cleaning… I tried to logout quickly after having transferred the money in order to clean, but no time to do that before having the “THIEF!!”…

I would really appreciate another hint even less big that the previous one, just in order to understant what “cleaning the logs” is about…

I’m tired of this level, I spent my hole day on it, I go to sport to “clear my head” a bit ;)

Thank you in advance for your support in my quest of knowledge !

EDIT : Thank you very much @Abhi_hacker for you answer, I’m going to check all this out

Abhi
10 years ago

You gotta do nothing with the source code !! Just pay attention to what you are doing. …Clearing the logs isn’t a great deal for the level….its right there after you successfully log in somewhere….you @Hackay , are logging in but just not seeing the logs related details….

Hackay

Thank you sooo much everyone, I found the way to “clear log” !!!!!
Your first post helped me a lot @Abhi_hacker !
I close the thread as soon as I go back from sport !

Abhi
10 years ago

Happy for you @Hackay !! And always ready to help :)
Just don’t forget to close your thread after you are back…..cause it shows that you are through with your problems ; besides there are already a lot many unnecessarily open threads !!
Enjoy and Good luck for the upcoming levels you’ll face !! :)

Just give this guy an answer already. He surely wants complete the level, but he doesn’t have persistence or curiousity.

Abhi
10 years ago

Yaa @freewind1012 ,but I hope he’ll develop persistence and curiosity soon :)
Thats one thing that I would like to advise you @Hackay , don’t just ask something so that it helps you finish a level or so…..Just try to dig in deeper…..cause as a hacker what is the benefit of doing something once and then not able to do it again when the situations turn a bit different . Try to understand something so that if you find anything similar to that again….you don’t have to think twice about how to do it.
:)

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

I was fully satisfied after solving a level…
Attempts: 21 Duration: 38 days
It’s not about the point. Are you sure that you will remember how to solve it or better, what you got from the level? After solving a level, I always try to understand how to complete it, what I get from it AND how to create it again.

Abhi
10 years ago

Well thats what the key is :
If you know what you got from the level and how to complete it again…..you have fulfilled the objective of doing it….and can practically do it as many times as possible !!

Hackay
10 years ago

Ok let me just explain before closing.

I do NOT accept to finish a level without understand how to complete it alone. That is why I am easily able to do it as many times as I want now and that is/was my goal.
That is true, maybe I lost my patience for this level and I definitely have to learn more from this side.

I learned a lot from this level and it is thanks to you guys :
- Always analysing each page
- There are multiple ways to clear my footprints
- Not thinking that if you are stuck or caught at the end it is because you did the last part of the hack wrong, it could be any part

People have different points of view on the idea of learning hacking, as we can see with you guys helping me or not. That is why I do accept all kind of criticism.

To conclude, I learned, everything I had to learn from this level.
I just have to improve my persistence and curiosity maybe. I count on you @freewind1012 to help me in that way then ! ;)

I close.

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 35

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss