no more success than basic3 level

HTTP method

[deleted user]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

hi evrerybody, i’ve read lot of things about post method but i’m always stuck. i’m not sure where exactly write the form, maybe on notepad in a first time? >impossible to paste or syntax error. WHERE WRITTING.
i show you exemple of what i wrote:[removed spoiler]

sorry abbhi_hacker but google is not my friend so i post a new post.
thank you for helping.

24replies
5voices
705views
SFisher
10 years ago

Please use the spoiler tags. You can use them by placing [ spoiler] whatever you want to hide [ /spoiler] (remove the space between “spoiler” and “[”).

I highly recommend that you complete Basic+ levels before Internediate.
You have to use things you used in previous levels to complete this, and you don’t need any notepad.
Maybe read all the other posts and threads about this level on the forum, there’s more than you need to solve it.

Reply has been removed
SFisher

Please use the spoiler tags as described, or I’ll have to flag your post… You can edit the post with the button under your name, next to the post itself.
Understand that it’s not good for other users to see very explicit details to the solution because it spoils the fun and the learning process.

Have you read all the threads in the forum?

[deleted user]
10 years ago

sorry you can flag this post i didn’t know what you tell me i’m french

SFisher

Je parle Franis.
Le post que tu as rit contient des dails trop explicites de la solution. Tu dois utiliser le tag [ spoiler ] texte que tu dois cacher [ /spoiler ] sans les espaces!!
Dans ton post, cache le texte qui est entre “what I wrote” et “sorry abbhi_hacker but”. Tu dois iter le post, alors utilise le bouton qui est cde ton post, sous ton nom (il y a deux boutons, c'est celui gauche). Tout simplement, met [ spoiler] (sans l'espace) apr “what I wrote” et met [ /spoiler] (sans l'espace) avant “sorry abbhi_hacker but”.

Footnote: to whoever saw his post, and just gave negative karma and left… well, whatever.
Also I know that only English is allowed, I’m trying to get him to hide the spoiler. If he doesn’t get it in French… we’ll see.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

ok i have deleted my post but i didn’t find spoiler tags under my name. To answer you YES i’ve read the posts but it is not very clear can you give me a clue for my question?

SFisher

No. Just no. XD

I was doing a tutorial with screenshots and edited with Paint and a lot of bad words, but it seems like you (or someone else) have removed the spoiler already.
Also, there’s 4 pages of threads, each thread having multiple pages. I honestly do not believe you have read all of them (and still don’t understand).
Keep trying for at least one more day and then we can talk. :) Good luck!

And AGAIN: complete BASIC+ first.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

ok its good now :)

There are a lot of ways to complete these types of level… I used HackBar: have a look (I hope this might help you..) :)

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

[quote=cdde]maybe on notepad in a first time[/quote]

@cdde: Please think about what you are going to do first. If you do that, how can you use your form (in Notepad) to interact with the website? By using magic or psychic ability? :/

Obviously, you have to edit a form which can interact with HackThis!!.

[deleted user]

yes of course i’ve modyfied the >> extension but ive got an error 404.

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

Yeah, by changing the extension of a file in your computer, you can interact with the internet. You should hack Google, Facebook, Yahoo!… after this.

Reply has been removed

Yeah, it’s sarcasm. You should find a form which can truly interact with HackThis!! server. It is somewhere in this website too.

I don’t know if I m giving u a huge hint I would say its a fact tho …
“.php” and etc. extensions on the URL used to work on older versions of HackThis!!
(At least that’s what I understand)
You are very close :)

PS:“in case that I’m giving too much someone edit it or MSG me cuz I’m from my phone ”

[deleted user]
10 years ago

i have modified the >> form in the html class but its boring i cannot cpy/paste and i must begin again and again. a solution?

Reply has been removed
Magical Cat Does Hax [magicalcatwithhax]

All I can say is try to remember some previous levels you might find your answer there

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

[quote=cdde]ah yes the php is only for the server? isn’t? [/quote]
Yes, it is server-sided. However, all URLs of HackThis!! have been rewritten (by activating mod_rewrite in .htaccess). Therefore, the URLs with .php are not validated anymore.

[quote=cdde]but its boring[/quote]
Yeah, hacking is a boring job. Try and fail, try and fail, try and fail. Who said it was fascinating?

SFisher
10 years ago

@21CmOfPain The problem is, as you can check in his profile, that he hasn’t completed the Basic+ levels.
I already recommended him to do them, and I believe it’s the right path.
All the answers are (unfortunately) in the forum.
But you can do it without the forum if you solve the previous levels. Now, want to plunge into Intermediate without doing the basic ones? Great. But don’t come here asking for solutions.

Good luck; I’m going to unwatch this.

Ow.yea I will agree with SFisher try completing Basic+ levels
Sorry that I didn’t notice…

[deleted user]
10 years ago

ok let me die :)

SFisher
10 years ago

Look @cdde I don’t want to be harsh, ok? I just mean that you need to learn progressively.
Some levels are not related to other levels, for example Basic+ and Main (even Intermediate) won’t do much for you if you’re working on Coding levels.
However in this case, the Basic+ levels play with elements that you need to know at least a little for Intermediate.

If you just want to solve all the levels so that it shows in your profile, I’m sure there must be tutorials online or whatever for the levels of HackThis that show you step by step how to do it.
If it’s not that, and you just want to do ‘the most difficult thing’ first, then think: you can’t interact (in an unconventional way) with a webpage without knowing how to read and understanding source code.
You don’t need any hacky tools for this, just a normal browser like Firefox or Chrome. No addons, plugins or anything needed. If you use them, you have to know that they have limited capabilities and are not valid for all situations. It’s better if you understand what you’re doing.

If you want to learn, it will take time. If you don’t want to learn and just want to do, some day there will be no official ‘solution’ (for every situation is different!) and you will have to learn.

Remember this (always): if you have a tool, you can only make things which can be done with that tool (very limited possibilities). If you have a brain, you can make all the tools you want.

So why not go try Basic+? Do them and if after completing all of them you still can’t do Intermediate 2, then come back to this thread.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

no problem im not angry i am back in basiclevel3 but on the forum a personn say that the levels are not in order and recommend us to solve intermediate 2 et 3 before that’s why i was here. you tell me the opposite that’s all. thank you and everybody. ill be back :)

SFisher
10 years ago

Hey it’s fine. While they are not to be solved in a specific order, as I said Basic+ levels play with elements you need to know for Intermediate.
Try for yourself and let us know if you still have problems. Remember to read the forum threads if you’re stuck before opening new questions.
Good luck!

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

[quote=cdde]on the forum a personn say that the levels are not in order and recommend us to solve intermediate 2 et 3 before[/quote]

@cdde: Yeah, I was the one who had said that. If you want to solve Basic+ Level 3 without using add-on (which irritated newbies a lot), you have to know what a HTML form is and what GET/POST methods are. Fortunately, Intermediate Level 1 and Intermediate Level 2 can help you to understand.

The level briefing of Intermediate Level 1:
Use the GET method to send the password 'flubergump' to this page.

The level briefing of Intermediate Level 2:
Use the POST method to send the password 'flubergump' to this page.

Therefore, if you solved these 2 levels first, things would get easier with Basic+ Level 3. However, it turned out that:
[list]
[] You had no idea how to use (abuse) a HTML form.
[
] Rewritten URLs made the hints in old threads be not right anymore.
[/list]

What should I say when a blind guy is guided by a wrong navigator: Doomed!

Magical Cat Does Hax [magicalcatwithhax]

This might help,

http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_forms.asp

I think it has been mentioned again.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 25

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss