Small graphical bug

Fireshard
10 years ago

I just noticed this happening (overlapping of the “People Online” div and the things above). Thought you might want to fix it:

16replies
6voices
272views
3images
[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Hmm… I don’t think thats a bug! It happens due to late/incomplete loading of the page. But @Fireshard does it happed repeatedly?

Abhi
10 years ago

No such problem for me !! Page loads normally and Online Users stays at its normal place only !!

**I noticed it before**

Fireshard :D Who has more than one account in this site will notice this certainly, when you first enter the account initially and then log out of it and then immediately logged in the second account … you’ll notice that the first account is still connected.

Fireshard
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

@rekcah.ronoh I have a single account (why would i use more than one?) The account is there all the time for me (look carefully, isn’t yours there as well?). Not the same position, but it’s within the online users.

It is a recurring issue for me. The browser doesn’t appear to be requesting/receiving anything else, so i assume the page is fully loaded.

I happens when you scroll to the very bottom of the page (I suppose it is when there’s a lot of people online).

Here’s another screen:

Abhi

@rekcah.ronoh : I guess that wasn’t what @fireshard meant….According to me , he meant that sometimes the “online users” thing shifts above its general position thus overlapping any content under it. Like in this case , it is overlapping the thread option list !!

And for your problem , your first account is shown online after you log in with your second account because the Online Users list contains the names of all the people showing any activity in the last 5-10 minutes.
Just refresh the page after sometime and your first account is gone from the list !!!

Fireshard
10 years ago

@Abhi_hacker Exactly.

[deleted user]

Yes I saw this CSS bug too, it only happen when I zoom on the page for me.

@rekcah.ronoh I think your “online” problem is normal. I read that the online users section refresh every X minutes ;)

Abhi

@rekcah.ronoh : check my last post again for clarification for your problem !!
@Fireshard : what is your internet’s speed ?? It may be because of slow speed Internet too .

Fireshard

It happens without zooming into the page (default zoom used).
Happens with both Cool Novo and Firefox:

Internet speed is more than good (I can seamlessly run about 4 1080p videos off Youtube simultaneously).

[deleted user]
10 years ago

What I wanted to say is that I guess everybody can see this bug by zooming sufficiently and by going down on the page ;)

Fireshard

Hmmm….indeed…zooming out seems to fix it for me.
So, the following question remains: bug or feature? :D

Any thoughts, @flabbyrabbit ?

Thanks guys :) for the clarification ==) @Abhi_hacker & @fkpuzat (==
Emmmmm, So we have to wait… To know whether it’s a bug or not.

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Na this doesn’t seem to be a browser problem. I am on Firefox for almost 3 hours today without any glitches. But still try clearing the browser cache, history,etc. Also take a look on the task manager and check how much amount of memory is Firefox or any of your browser is using. Such problems may also be caused due to low memory.
Does your browser hangs some times?

Fireshard
10 years ago

@IAmDevil It does hang sometimes (3GBs of memory). But my guess is it’s what @fkpuzat said…

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Tried clearing the cache? Or the easiest way just download CCleaner and select everything and click run cleaner! It will clear all the unwanted data freeing up your memory. Its a nice program to keep your PC in good shape.
That might just solve your problem. :)

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]

As you can see, when we scroll down to the bottom of a long page, the left navigation/menu bar will move along with the scroll bar. This is an improvement in User Experience because we don’t even need to scroll up again to load a new section.

However, it seems imcomplete. This floating menu is supposed to stop moving when reaching to the footer. So it shouldn’t be overlapped like this.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 17

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss