vonpimpo
9 years ago

plz i am in need of some one who can be like a teacher to me, i have succeeded the main level and the basic level 1 and now am hock.

12replies
7voices
247views
1image
Mystery [kapuccino]
9 years ago

Please be more specific. :/

vonpimpo
9 years ago

i need some one to whome i can communicate with to help guide me on the site

[IAmDevil]
9 years ago

Well there is a nice big community here which will help you! Just search on the forums which ever level you want help on. And if your question is an exquesite one then you can create a new thread.
So i’ll say start communicating. :)

Mystery [kapuccino]
9 years ago

Just read all threads (for solving levels), then come back if you have any unique question.

[deleted user]
9 years ago

Many hackers do not work one on one with others and the ones which do usually end up choosing their own students. I have a protege (who has registered on this site recently) and she has been in training for about a year now, and now works with me as a pentester and is co-admin on my site.

I think if you want someone to guide you then you need to do some more of your own research first. Tell people what you know, what you want to know, where you’re stuck, why you’re stuck, why it is worthwhile to have someone invest time in you, and what you hope to achieve by the end of it all and you ‘may’ elicit a decent response, but I wouldn’t hold much hope for this. Most of us were self-taught and learned through experimentation and reading.
If this seems like too much work then I think you may be in the wrong place.

vonpimpo
9 years ago

thanks all for the advice, i study computer science at the university of yaounde 1 level 1, i have had serious troubles on basic level 2, if any one got some videos or guide on how to change the User Agent, thanks

Zoino
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

Im 16 and in the top 25 on the leader board…You claim you are in university studying comp sci? and cant do basic level two?

VI????????D [VirusHacked2702]

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, Zoino.
Something’s definitely fishy. :s

Edit: fishy as in what sabretooth said,

[quote=sabretooth]Something fishy… no.
Possibility of user laziness… well that is yet to be seen [/quote]

SFisher

Guys calm down! XD You can have a look at the program here. As you can see the first level is mostly aiming at Physics/Math, and the contents directly relevant to ‘software’ are pretty basic/general, and not web-app related.

PS: I’m a super-evil genius that got a 4 year degree in 2 years and work for several international corporations and governmental institutions alongside some of the best hackers (though my work is not really hacker-related) and I’m not even in top 100.

MORE COFFEE BITCH, YEEHAAA!

PS2: Now that I’m a little more relaxed, I’ll tell you that I’m that bot that passed the Turing test, I fooled you all.
I wonder if the bot itself is programmed to know it’s a bot (even “bot-subconsciously”).

[deleted user]

Indeed. Everyone progresses at different levels. I solved hackthis in around a week (crypt 7 was a nice stumbling block) but purely because I’ve been playing challenge sites for 15 years and have seen all these ideas and techniques in various forms before :) Perhaps working as an ethical hacker helps a bit too, but I totally agree with @SFisher.
I did my degree with the Open University and gained a 2:1 in CompSci. I have NEVER learned anything hacking-related from university :))
That said however, I did learn to research. I think using some kind of user agent switcher is easy if you just Google it.

Something fishy… no.
Possibility of user laziness… well that is yet to be seen :)

[IAmDevil]
9 years ago

Yes you can never learn what you are doing here by going into some University/College unless you apply some basic logic. All that you are taught out there is some textbook shit which will never make you a successful person. Suppose a person with brilliant knowledge ( by knowledge I mean text book knowledge) doesn’t have common sense what is the value of that knowledge if he can’t apply it in a particular scenario? Nothing!
So whatever you learn, adapt yourself to push that knowledge in a particular channel. That’s when you’ll get the fruit of what you have learned.
So hack to learn my friend!

VI????????D [VirusHacked2702]

[quote=sabretooth]Something fishy… no.
Possibility of user laziness… well that is yet to be seen [/quote]

That’s what I meant by that, but I guess I should have made it more clear. Sorry for the uproar and confusion, I’ll edit my post.
More to the point, I like what IAmDevil said:

[quote=IAmDevil]Suppose a person with brilliant knowledge ( by knowledge I mean text book knowledge) doesn’t have common sense what is the value of that knowledge if he can’t apply it in a particular scenario? Nothing![/quote]

Someone could be the smartest person in the world, but if he doesn’t have one ounce of logic, he’s no one. It’s like saying you can solve 25 x 25 in your head, but you can’t do 2 + 2.

And lastly, Knowledge isn’t given, it’s grown. ;)
This will take time, but if you have the excitement to learn, then you can do it. :)

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 13

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss