am_09
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

i am stuck in level 4 (main level) , what do i do?

43replies
34voices
2,778views
rushA [xzy123prog]

Check the hint and look where it tells you too.

? [Slazix1]
9 years ago

Hint: the password is stored in a file

hackyou1996
9 years ago

how to open that file

hackyou1996
9 years ago

i got that its in hidden file named passwordfile and aml extras/ssap.xml

Reply has been removed
_H4CK3R
9 years ago

i think its the extras/ssap.xml in the source code but i dont know ;(

2 replies have been removed
Mugi [Mugiwara27]

Hey what are you doing ?
That the solutions !
Edit your post and delete all solution !

Edit : Thank you ;)

[deleted user]
9 years ago

Mugiwara27 :( can you give me solution

I can’t test the next stage

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
9 years ago

Check threads and look at the source code and hint :)

Fabian [Fabian636]

@hackyou1996 and @H4CK3R you should at least put that in a >> Spoiler

GeneralTalks
9 years ago

this is stupid, it’s really easy. its like right in ur face. just go through all of the code and u will find it

kvin

hey i’m also stuck on level 4 gimme solution

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
9 years ago

kvin, Hackthis don’t work like that, read other thread, think a little and you’ll be able to finish that level

ahmed1233
9 years ago

hey i am stuck level 4 what do i do……????

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
9 years ago

Read all threads, think a little.
If you can’t solve it, tell us what did you tried

myUser195
9 years ago

Google for the file. This has nothing to do with understanding HTML or web directories, as the file isn’t in the proper place. The file is no where near where it should be if this was standard flat-file html

hackergolbox
9 years ago

level 4 ??????? HELP PLEASSE

Christian D. [OtreX]
9 years ago

Its not so hard. Read the hint and after that the source code, and I'am sure you will see the awnser. I was stuck there too but its much easyier then I thougt.

tl0tr
9 years ago

Well for starters please stop asking this question “What do I do”. Use your brain. If you have completed the first 3 levels then this level is not that hard to complete. Again use your brain. And again stop asking that question.

warna
9 years ago

hellow guys ,,,,, so can you assist me to Complete Level four >.> please i’m stuck there ,, :(

M0RT15
9 years ago

Hi all

So first time posting here trying to help someone without doing spoilers. So here goes.

@ Warna

The post says:

[i]“Sometimes extra hidden fields are added to the form which contains extra information for the login script. Again, this is very easy for anyone to gain access to as it is clearly shown in the source code.

Sometimes these fields can contain very important information.“[/i]

One of the most important things is to thoroughly read through the source data. It may take a while, but the more you learn about it, the quicker you will find yourself skim reading and focusing in on the key points without realising you are doing it.

If you have not yet been through Java research or a quick beginners guide, perhaps look up http://www.w3schools.com/js/. Which personally I found a gold mind.

Once you are up to scratch on your script reading, review the actual hint from the mission. I can’t break it down fully, as that would go into spoilers. However, I will say, sometimes things can look a lot more complicated than they actually are.

Take a step down, break it down, and what you find in the source will start to fall into place.

Noob to noob, I hope this helps :p

warna
9 years ago

Mort15
Thanks dear :)

2 replies have been removed
Narender
8 years ago

I was stuck here as well but after readin the source code thoroughly & reading the @myuser195 comment i got it :‘)

Reply has been removed
aaazzz123
8 years ago

iv looked throgh every line of ccode 5 times

tl0tr
8 years ago | edited 8 years ago

Even after looking for 5 times you still haven’t got the answer then you need to take a break. Have a beer and chill for sometime.

Mr. Cyph3r [MrCyph3r]
8 years ago

Woah, this is really a good advice @tl0tr … I noticed this thing many, many times on myself.

hwdplinux
8 years ago

Haha, I got it, the post that helped the most said something like… “Its right infront of your face!” and use the hint ;)

h.robert
8 years ago

I don t know html
pls HELP!

Coen
8 years ago

If you want to pass these challenges, you will need to read-up on the topics you’re less familiar with. Finding good resources should be very easy nowadays using the Internet. You will need to learn for yourself, nobody can do that for you. Teach yourself these techniques! If you’re stuck on the specific challenge, people will be able to help you on these forums, but a basic understanding of the techniques are required.

First hit when I Google for “HTML Introduction”: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_intro.asp

Good luck! :)

Reply has been removed
Fastball
8 years ago

hello after 55 mins reading the source code , I understood , it’s simple but not evident at the beginning

alonzo
7 years ago

i cant complete the 4th level can someone help me

SIGKILL [r4v463]
7 years ago

As for all the other main levels, take a look at the source code and search something that shouldn’t be here.

Fastball
7 years ago

hello , reading carefully the source code gives the answer :)

halilhadid
7 years ago

Guys when im opening source code , they giving me progress_0 , i can’t find anything what should i do pls someone help me i’m new user

SIGKILL [r4v463]
7 years ago

how do you open the source code?

halilhadid
7 years ago

Hello , i have another languge but it’s the same page , right click then view page info .

halilhadid
7 years ago

Srry i really have bad english , i hope you understand what my problem

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
7 years ago

Hello !

What “language” ( I suppose ) are you talking about ?

halilhadid
7 years ago

I mean when i click right click i didn’t have english languge

halilhadid
7 years ago

it’s really complicated , btw special thanks for everyone tried to help me , i’ll quit this website so bb <3

halilhadid
7 years ago

but some day i’ll fix this and coming back :)

halilhadid
7 years ago

okay i’ll try to explain , lets talk about level 1 if you going to watch the “helping video” he opened the source code then he looking up on number 295 page then he found user name and password , if i looking up on this at the same number page they giving me progress_0 so i cant find the user name and password and without it its nothing , i hope u’ll understand what i mean , srrt about my bad english again :)

Hint? Does each level have a hint button im missing or something?

fred [feuerstein]
4 years ago

No that was back in the days of HackThis!

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 44

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss