How to start? ^_^

Map it

dokyriak
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

Any hint? I will start by looking the source…. one time and another.

Edit: And some scanning. Still nothing

27replies
15voices
540views
2images
YuMan [Flosh]
9 years ago

yep…the same thing for me !! i don’t now where to start :/…should i use the CMD??

molkemon
9 years ago

I started sniffing around aswell, but so far none of the open doors has been of any help, and none of them strike me as particulary suspicious.

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
9 years ago

The level doesn’t appear to be very stable. I have made some tweaks and started it up again. I would suggest retrying what you have already tries as it was probably offline at that time.

Pawda [Memoria]
9 years ago

Finally! I thought I was doing something wrong but the level was just down, thanks flabby.

[deleted user]
9 years ago

This makes me glad I was too busy to try it over the weekend ;)
Thanks flabby

Mart
9 years ago

This level is substantially easier when it is working :P

p.s. sabre, your pm guide link in your sig is broken

[deleted user]
9 years ago

Thanks @Mart It seems @flabbyrabbit had been messing with the forum structure ;)
If it aint broke… (then @gizmore evidently didn’t code it)

molkemon
9 years ago

Yup, if the service is actually running like it should, this is max E-Z challenge ;)

techaddict

Can anyone give some sort of hint? So far I have tried

scanned with nmap, identified services running on open ports and tried telnet to connect to them all to get some kind of info from them

and nothing is turning up anything useful. Any kind of hint at all would be greatly appreciated.

tehron

techaddict, please edit your post, you’re giving away too much info.

dokyriak
9 years ago

I did exactly the same as techaddict and got nothing. I think there’s something more to do with this challenge. Maybe I am not messing with the proper IP…

Reply has been removed
techaddict

They must have recently restarted the level again or my tool is unreliabe. I did somthing that I had already done atleast 5 times and it showed two new things, one of which helped tremendously.

molkemon
9 years ago

Yeah, it really seems that the level isn’t working reliably.

Pawda [Memoria]

I don’t think this level went down since flabby fixed it the second time.
If you’re wondering if the level is up or down, just check this image ->

2 replies have been removed
Luke [flabbyrabbit]

Here is a quick fiddle for the status indicators I plan to add to both this level and Real 6:
Fiddle removed

They will be added to the level pages themselves asap.

P.S. Thanks @Memoria for the idea

ctrlveater
9 years ago

So memoria’s image won’t load. but flabbyrabbit’s status page says it’s online?!?!

AHHH:runaway:

Pawda [Memoria]
9 years ago

Yup, the image has been removed by the provider.. better follow the white rabbit :)

newdominic
9 years ago

Is this level down again? Flabbyrabbit’s link doesn’t show the status of this level and Real 6, not even showing “Offline”.

I found a remote administration service running on it’s default TCP port. So I tried to connect it with it’s client, but it just failed. If this is not the target then I’ll skip it and look for other services.

Mart
9 years ago

The status link doesn’t seem to be showing anything no, but this level is working fine right now.

ladybug
9 years ago

Can someone please confirm if this level is working at the moment? I have done investigations similar to previous posters on this thread and found nothing suspicious at all. Thanks.

Pawda [Memoria]

Yes, the level is up.
edit: I didn’t want to host a serv just for this .. but I just did.

George [gs19992011]
9 years ago

Please help, how to use nmap?
Thanks

techaddict

[quote=gs19992011]
Please help, how to use nmap?
Thanks
[/quote]

Open terminal -> type “man nmap” OR just type “nmap” and read what the syntax is and what the provided options do. Also, google ;-)

George [gs19992011]
9 years ago

Thanks techaddict !!!

dokyriak
9 years ago

I only get two ports, even i am trying more a more deep scans. I think the problem is I do not know how to mine all the posible exploits for this two ports….

Mart
9 years ago

Whoa there Tex! If you are trying any kind of “exploit” then you are really overthinking this level.

Reply has been removed
dokyriak
9 years ago

Awesome…. Finally I got It and I have to close this post. I recommend you to continue with what we say here :D

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 28

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss