[site news] Email update

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
9 years ago

We have just switched from using our own SMTP server to using Mandrill (part of mailchimp). This should speed up delivery to a few seconds instead of the current minutes. I don’t believe we ever had any downtime with the old system but this will certainly help things keep up and running.

There is also a new email template to go with the new system. Hopefully it is a bit cleaner and easier to read … especially on mobile devices.

As always if you spot anything unexpected/wrong please let us know. So keep an eye out for missing email notifications etc :)

11replies
5voices
238views
Cyan Wind [freewind1012]
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

@flabbyrabbit: Although I configured “Never send any email notification” for all cases, I received some in my inbox.

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

Thank you for the heads up. Looking like a was using an _ where it should have been a -. I have made the change, please let me know if you still receive emails.

Edit: looks like it didn’t work …

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
9 years ago

That should have done the trick :)

dalfor
9 years ago

Just a sort of off the topic comment…will the affect user’s ability to solve the Basic6?

[IAmDevil]
9 years ago

Hmm… I don’t get why should it affect the functionality of Basic 6? Why did you say so @dalfor ?

Mart
9 years ago

Yes it does. Well, not the functionality, but it removes the (one?) logical way of finding out where to look.

[IAmDevil]
9 years ago

Then it should probably would be the one which troubled a lot. But again why should it disturb the path of where to look? And there are more than one method to do I suppose!

Mart
9 years ago

I don’t understand your first sentence…

But it “disturbs the path” because previously you got information that you no longer receive and so reduces finding the place to look to guesswork (admittedly it is pretty easy to guess it - I just have a thing against guesswork in any challenge)

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
9 years ago

Agreed, it certainly makes the first step a little harder. Not sure if it affects it enough to change the level though.

[IAmDevil]
9 years ago

Never mind my first sentence (just those things that only I understand).
Yes so it basically increases the time to look for that “one” thing and no major change. And sorry to hear about you and guesswork.

dalfor
9 years ago

I just put the question out there, I am more than certain that given certain knowledge and a little luck, the level is 100% solvable.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 12

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss