A bit weird, but

Princess slag

Feyn
11 years ago

Hey, I did the directory traversal, but forgot to add the poison-null-byte… and it worked, I could open the parent directory. But I can’t reproduce it, neither with nor without poison-null-byte. Was that just a small bug or is that normal that sometimes you don’t even need the null-byte?

12replies
3voices
368views
[deleted user]
10 years ago

If you can’t reproduce it then I would say it was a bug.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Otherwise you could do it again. :)

DaGr8Kornolio
10 years ago

A bug just don’t disappear… You are supposed to be able to reproduce it… If not, are variable has changed in the cosmos… or the programmer fixed it… Computers don’t change their behaviour by themselves…

@Feyn : if you can reproduce this or else prove that you were not under drug influence ;) …talk to @flabbyrabbit.

DaGr8

[deleted user]
10 years ago

I assumed it was a bug, sorry. I never said that bugs disappeared, nor did I say computers change their behaviour themselves. I just assumed it was a bug and the programmer had fixed it. Christ man, I’m not stupid.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Oh shit, I thought that was directed at me ha ha. Sorry man, my bad.

DaGr8Kornolio
10 years ago

It was directed at you… You said that if we can’t reproduce the behavior it was a bug… Don’t be too sensitive…

DaGr8

[deleted user]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

That’s what I thought.

“I would say it was a bug.” It was just my opinion.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

I mean, bugs stop code from executing properly, and if code does run, it doesn’t work as intended. So that’s why I thought it was a bug.

[deleted user]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

And yes, obviously if you can’t reproduce it then “variables have changed in the cosmos”, or the programmer has fixed it. I’m not being too sensitive… Don’t have a cow…

DaGr8Kornolio
10 years ago

@oxide was true about the forum getting boring these days…

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Well that’s your own fault if the forums are boring not mine.

[deleted user]
10 years ago

I didn’t come here to make it “boring”. I came to learn and help. I’m sorry if I’m boring you, but if that’s the case then go and do something else. If it’s boring then why are you still here?

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 13

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss