NEW!!!

Hazique35
11 years ago

Hello, I have some questions. 1: Whats the difference between hacking and cracking? 2: What is a good scripting language to learn? (Learning C++ at the moment, anything that goes well with that?) 3: Can C++ be really used to hack? Ive heard that it can, but I think it would be very complicated.

Thanks!

26replies
7voices
301views
???Roun512 [roun512]
11 years ago
J [ColdIV]
11 years ago

C++ is always good and you will understand most of the other languages if you know C++. I don’t think that HTML and C++ fit together that good.. I’d use PHP with HTML. (Don’t like CGI…)

Hazique35
11 years ago

HTML is simple so Im not having problems with that.

Thanks guys!

???Roun512 [roun512]
11 years ago

then go to PHP and do u know javascript ?

Hazique35
11 years ago | edited 11 years ago

Ok, ill try PHP. Dont know javascript, but I could learn it on the side. Are PHP and Javascript the same? Sorry, im only familiar with C++.

EDIT: Oh ya, Ive gotten through 6 exercises, (almost about to finish 7!) but I was wondering, how good are the methods used here? Could they be used on real sites. I would imagine that other sites have a much greater defense in their source code.

[deleted user]
11 years ago

@ Hazique35
go to this website http://www.w3schools.com/ it will help u alot learning PHP n javascript or u can google it

???Roun512 [roun512]
11 years ago

yes it will help

Hazique35
11 years ago

Thanks for the link

Hazique35
11 years ago

OK… I downloaded the source code from this URL: http://www.php.net/downloads.php . (chose the first one and then chose United Kingdom) And Ive got a whole bunch of files when WinRar extracted everything. Theres a folder for: build, ext, main, netware… What do I do? This is a lot morre complicated then downloading Visual C++ 2010 Express.

[deleted user]
11 years ago

@Hazique35
dude i have no idea what ur doin but if ur trying to learn php n its not helping i think u must go here :
http://thenewboston.org/list.php?cat=11
he’s best at what he do…

Abhijeet [abhi1302]
11 years ago

1) no difference depends on us only how we wanna look at it. for me hacking is ultimate tool which i can use to crack things, even cracking is a sort of hacking.

2) most servers runs on php/asp/jsp and if u know some bugs in there design u can exploit it but i will suggest u to start with javascript which is client side scripts. C++ is not a scripting language u can think of it as a language which has the potential to give birth to new era of languages like php is written in C.

3) the major challenge i am facing now is with computation power. yes i can use brute force but its not a good idea but sometime that is the only way left and to generate all combination and u will chose some higher computing machine and may prefer C over java here. i think u should be looking for ASSEMBLY language with which you can do some tricky things which most of the software viruses does :)

[deleted user]
11 years ago

@abhi1302
u make allot of thing clear here but don’t u thing leaning assembly early could b complicated its batter to start from basics…

Hazique35
11 years ago

Ive downloaded Assembly, and Im learning it now. I understand basics of things like arithmetic operators, I just need to understand how to compile and run what I have typed. Its not very hard learning this after learning quite a bit of C++. Im determined to learn it because when I downloaded it, there were some sample programs and one of them asked me if I needed extra space for a beer, then it opened the CD drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the coolest thing ever!!!!

[deleted user]
11 years ago

WOW
i find Assembly difficult cuz i never give it a shoot :P
i will after my exams

Abhijeet [abhi1302]
11 years ago

@Hazique35: is it possible to share with me and bilal95 all the links are materials that you are following to master ASSEMBLY? my EMAIL id is abhijeet.nitb@gmail.com
@bilal95: High level language (C/C++/Java) are meant to hide away the basics from the programmer and assigning those task to the compiler. it is the low level language(ASSEMBLY) that i going to give u the ultimate flexibility. knowing High level language is a good think but for tricky things Assembly is the only choice.

[deleted user]
11 years ago

@abhi1302
yeah read about them in school high level languages, low level languages……
so u got any videos tutorials or some website where i can start learning Assembly

Abhijeet [abhi1302]
11 years ago

no i don’t have that’s why i was checking with @Hazique35 i think he can help you

[deleted user]
11 years ago

@ abhi1302
okay i guess i have to spend some time finding it…

HappyPants
11 years ago

I found for learning Assembly language the best site is securitytube.net It is an awesome site for security professionals, I have been learning the assembly language videos as they have both Linux and Windows, i have yet to completely comprehend it, but with determination anyone can learn. Its not easy but I feel if you learn assembly language there are no limits to what can be achieved. Hope this sit ehelps

[deleted user]
11 years ago

@HappyPants
thnx man i’ll check it out…

Hazique35
11 years ago

Sorry guys for taking so long to reply. When I downloaded everything, there was some tutorial, but it was all text and I dont think its that good. (it takes too long to explain simple stuff) Ya, I dont have a good tutorial. So ASSEMBLY is low level. Why isnt it the top voted language??? It can make the CD drive open so you have extra space for a beer!!!! How does that not get you in the top 10. (or maybe some other languages can do that but I have never seen a program that does that…)

[deleted user]
11 years ago

@Hazique35
as u already know that Assembly language is different for all OS like Windows Linux/Unix that is why i think they call it low level language if u learned it in windows u can’t us it in Linux or any other OS but other Programing languages like C/C++ VB Java they r kind of portable, u don’t have to worry with OS is it syntax will always b the same…
they might not give u more flexibility but u just need to learn them once and for all then just keep ur self up-to-date….
if i missed some thing just post it to make things more clear.

( if i said something wrong plzz let me know :) )

Hazique35
11 years ago

Ive always been told that C++ is a low level language. Is ASSEMBLY really low then? Also, languages like C++ are sometmes used to make new languages, so what was C++ programmed in? What was ASSEMBLY programmed in?

[deleted user]
11 years ago

never researched it that deep, just google it if u wanna know. n C++ is used to make Applications n programs don’t know if some ppl use it to creat new programing languages…

Hazique35
11 years ago

Actually… Ive decided to go with Lua as my scripting language. sorry abhi1302. The opening CD drive gets old after while.

Pawda [Memoria]
11 years ago

Welcome Hazique35 ! just wanted to point out that
2: HTML is not a programming language. For scripting you may prefer python, perl, lisp, powershell on windows (lol) or sh on unix system.
3: well, it’s depends what do you want hack but for website mostly I doubt it’s worthy to learn in priority.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 27

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss