Seeking advice about the captcha levels

Captcha 1

HAL [VileAnnie]
4 years ago

Please anybody tell me if I can achieve Captcha level 1 without using any tool ?
I only use Notepad++ as external tool and javascript console
I understand that an OCR library is also needed
But maybe javascript won’t be a suitable language?

10replies
4voices
283views
dimooz
4 years ago

An OCR is recommended, but you can complete these levels without it. Javascript is enough to achieve captcha levels, at least till the 4th one. I suggest you start by the 4th one, if you can solve it, the previous ones will be solved with the same manner. Or you can start with the first one, and implement new functions all along the different next levels. Good luck.

HAL [VileAnnie]
4 years ago

@dimooz thanks for your suggestions. I’m a little bit confused about wether or not using OCR but that’s the point :) and why I come here as often than I can.
Let’s get on it, and rendez-vous in the solutions section

dimooz
4 years ago

:D Yeah rendez-vous in solution thread ^^ That’s it, you already got the mind for winning!

Don’t really like captcha challenges, that’s why they are also still all open for me. Took a quick shot at this one first with a well know OCR library but the results were bad. Perhaps with more time and effort it can be made to work with OCR but I think other solutions are better suited, especially when looking at the other challenges (reusability)

Perhaps I have to get over my dislike for these sort of things and just get going with it and try to solve them…. maybe another day :)

fred [feuerstein]
4 years ago

Python with numpy is easy to go

HAL [VileAnnie]
4 years ago

@feuerstein I am currently looking into the subject of machine learning and numpy emerged in my research. I am not used to Python but why not… I also found OpenCV as a javascript library
@0x1ceb00da I think this level is going to be really fun ;)
@dimooz thanks again! and thank you guys for your help

HAL [VileAnnie]
4 years ago

Level 4 is quite too harsh for me.

I have just started level 1 with Python and some good libraries which many members talk about. With just 4 lines of code, I can get the text with almost no errors[/Spoiler]
As I said I do not know OCR at all, so the outcome is very impressive
TODO:
[Spoiler]Can’t download captcha.php ‘on the fly’. Need to write a few more lines

HAL [VileAnnie]
4 years ago

I got this level. Totally fun :D

fred [feuerstein]
4 years ago

Well done, congratulations

Nice, well done

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 11

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss