I need a little help

Missile codes

l33t_haxx0r
9 years ago

So, I managed to recover the file containing the launch codes, which is called, un-surprisingly LaunchCodes.
And I copied the one on the fourth line and pasted it into the code box… and it said it was the wrong code, I am pretty sure I have the right file.
Does anyone know why this is happening?

11replies
7voices
432views
*********** [ADIGA]
9 years ago

The codes in the file are not the answer… but some sort of a hint for a later step …

don’t you think that something that important should be unprotected?

l33t_haxx0r
9 years ago

Ahh, thanks, very helpful. I think I understand now.

l33t_haxx0r
9 years ago

I’m still a bit stuck, I was thinking that the launch codes were a >> clue to the password of the RAR file[/spoiler] and then I found <!- what appeared to be a set of characters in a JPG file so, am I right in thinking I have to [spoiler]bruteforce the rar? -!>

l33t_haxx0r
9 years ago

Thanks a lot for your help ADIGA, really useful hint!
closing because I finished it. :)

ninjalizard
9 years ago

Anyone use Kali to extract the .img file? I’ve tried binwalk and bulk_extractor but havent had very good results, just a lot of .pgp and .zlib files which Im not farmiliar with.

Mr. Cyph3r [MrCyph3r]
9 years ago

I haven’t used Kali, however any linux distro can be considered, I suppose.

Anyway, there is a tool on Kali that will help you a lot on this challenge, it is probably under your forensic tools section if I remember correctly.

ninjalizard
9 years ago

Yeah Ive been playing about with a few tools autopsy looks good and I see a lot of useful looking files but theyre all 0bytes.. (deleted files apparently) and havent quite figured out how to restore them YET lol

tewfik.ghariaini
8 years ago

I’m having a lot trouble opening the rar and i can’t find ADIGA ’s hint !!
Any words of advice ??

tewfik.ghariaini
8 years ago

Issue Solved, Thanks

b1nary
8 years ago

so im looking for a little bit of help , got the files , got what is inside the rar and kinda got an idea of what it is , but i try the code i got from it and says its wrong ? maybe some 1 can tell me if the way i got the code from the file in the rar is not the way ? or if im missing something from that code?

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

Maybe you saw some file content that looks like your code ?

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 12

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss