Firefox keeps opening the tab constantly

Emily08
4 years ago

Hey all,

Wanted to open the file with firefox, but it repetadly opens the swf file and I can’t open it just once to work with it, advice?

11replies
4voices
276views
h4rr1c4ne
4 years ago

The problem does not have to do with the browser
Its about intercepting the score and submitting your own score
maybe reading about “burp suite” will help in your case

Emily08
4 years ago

Thank you for the quick answer,

Also I get the fact that I should modifiy the request to pass the wanted “score” But how can I modifiy it when I open the browser and it kills my computer with constantly loading the site?

h4rr1c4ne
4 years ago

Well Emily08 i think you should reinstall your browser.
Seems to be a bug

Emily08
4 years ago

Alright, thank you!

Darwin [DIDIx13]
4 years ago | edited 4 years ago

Have you tried with different browsers? Can you be more specific when you tell us that “it kills my computer with constantly loading the site”

What are you actually trying to do?

If you are struggling with solving the challenge instead check this link: http://hadtobreakit.com/how-to-hack-flash-swf-games-for-fun/

Even tho there are multiples/easier way of completing it. ;)

Emily08
4 years ago

Sorry for the messy reply, I was kinda mad at it.

Emily08
4 years ago

Sorry for the messy reply, I was kinda mad at it.
Sooo..

I found this – /levels/extras/b3.swf
Downlaoded it and opened with firefox, but the broswer kept opening the file on a new tab endlessly. (Freezing my computer.)

Also, since it doesn’t open the file, I can’t see any data, request, log under network tab.

h4rr1c4ne
4 years ago

Emily08, I tried that but it didnt seem to work
The password is not hard coded
You just have to intercept the request and make your changes
I think this will help

https://medium.com/@risabhmishra/burp-suite-tutorial-to-decrease-price-of-any-commodity-or-service-in-a-website-83b35def6bcf

HAL [VileAnnie]
4 years ago

Hi @Emily08 I achieved this level without any external tools. I’m used to work with Chrome developers tools. Instead of focusing on SWF maybe you should imagine how to build a very simple set of HTML and classical requests to make the changes.

Emily08
4 years ago

Thanks everyone, now I got firefox debugged.. soo, I changed the score and content length, sent the request, but nothing happens. Can I have a nudge as what to think next?

HAL [VileAnnie]
4 years ago

@Emily08 You can send me your solution by PM if you want.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 12

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss