Got the answer...somewhere

Dante's Inferno

Hello everyone,

I managed to find a way to decrypt the image, but I need to spend a really long time to find the password in an ocean of very indigest gibberish symbols. I wish I could use Ctrl + F to avoid some serious headache

I found the last sentence: “The answer is more on the top”

Thanks a lot for your guidance.

20replies
10voices
687views
HAL [VileAnnie]
4 years ago

I’ve been working on it since 3 months without getting a solution. Last crypt levels are harsh ones and you have to find many clues to complete them. Good luck ;)

dloser
4 years ago

“to find the password”

This is not a simple image that hides a password. To solve this level you’ll have to go far far beyond looking at “gibberish symbols”. Know what you are looking at.

fred [feuerstein]
4 years ago

There is a reason for this level only having 27 solvers :p

dimooz
4 years ago

Crypt7 & Crypt9 are the hardest levels here, it took me a few months to complete each one of them. Take your time and don’t desperate! good luck :)

Darwin [DIDIx13]
4 years ago

Maybe you should try Crypt 7 and 9 last, they are the hardest ones.

Crypt 6 and 8 are easier solve them first ;)

Good luck!

f0rk [HackingGuy]
4 years ago

What do you all mean?? This level was the easiest ;P

@dimooz imo crypt 8 was way harder then crypt 7

dimooz
4 years ago

@0x1ceb00da
Maybe you’re better than me at this game, I could get crypt8 in just a few days, whereas crypt7 gave me headaches for many weeks…

Nah definitely not better, crypt 9 is still giving me headaches. But somehow crypt 7 was very logical for me, whereas crypt 8 I was completely stuck at the second part for a very long time (2 years on and off thinking about it)

dimooz
4 years ago

[quote=dimooz]whereas crypt7 gave me headaches for many weeks… [/quote]

I should have wrote “for many months…”

HAL [VileAnnie]
4 years ago

@dimooz can I PM you about Crypt 8, just to get your advice on what I found? TIA

dimooz
4 years ago

@VileAnnie sure, don’t hesitate. I’m waiting for your PM now…

Darwin [DIDIx13]
4 years ago

@0x1ceb00da Crypt 8 took me 4 days, Crypt 9 1.5 month, Crypt 7 ? Still uncompleted :(

Crypt 7, few hours, crypt 8 2 years, crypt 9, still pending

AlchemistDoge
4 years ago

Interesting. I’m stuck on the final step in crypt 7 for the past few days now, while crypt 8 took me only a few hours. Haven’t touched 9 yet (saw this thread on the front page).

Crypt 7 carries more points than Crypt 8 and 9 (probably to imply that it’s more difficult), however more people have solved crypt 7 than crypt 8 and crypt 9 put together.

Of course difficulty here is quite subjective since it is dependent on ones knowlegde. For crypt 8 I was missing some vital knowledge which blocked my progress to finish it.
However I think we can all agree objectively that the one who created crypt 9 is batshit crazy ;) jk

dimooz
4 years ago

[quote=0x1ceb00da] the one who created crypt 9 is batshit crazy[/quote]

+1 …I do agree.

OK thanks everyone, I was a bit too naive on that one.

Cheers!

the one who created crypt 9 is batshit crazy

Meh… :( It’s more like a “follow the breadcrumbs” game, there is no guess to make, everything is just right there where it should be.

The new name is fitting though, better then crypt 9

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 21

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss