Don't understand why I can't identify

Something for you

HAL [VileAnnie]
4 years ago

Tell me if I’m spoiling too much.
I’m proceeding like I did to resolve Unknown Sender, but in reverse (in some ways).

None of my responses are the solution and I don’t get it.
I tried all kinds of IDs so is there a hidden hint which I maybe cannot see due to my poor translation/understanding ?

12replies
8voices
732views
dloser
4 years ago

Well, try to at least answer the question it asks, not the one you think it asks. Other than that, waiting a couple of days sometimes helps.

HAL [VileAnnie]
4 years ago

Thanks @dloser I think actually this is a matter of time. I’ll be back ;)

rjkenny
4 years ago

I’ve tried a few things, first obvious, then even going as far as holding my thumb against the textarea to get a good scan of my ‘thumbprint’

Tried waiting a few days, tried using the steps in the Privacy guide..

I’ve got a 3000-some bit key… is it looking for 4096 bits specifically?

i upload my public key to pgp.mit.edu
but also not working

any hint for solving this challenge
iam not getting any idea

sisyang
4 years ago | edited 4 years ago

hmm. same problem??? i am stuck. i waited for 2 days. but no reply.

i also wrote the pub_key of mine in the who are u.
i tried my id or e mail of the key.. but key not found is replied… so bad..

i also uploaded the key in sever(that server is same as the key of previous unknown sender is located.

hmm. after that. what can i do ?? just wait ?? ^^.

thanks.

Have been waiting for 2 days already… How long can it take?

rjkenny
3 years ago

Alex - I put this on the shelf for 5 months since life got a little busy, came back today, and it worked.
So… the answer is somewhere between 2 days and 5 months.

luxedo
3 years ago

I see, I guess I’ll wait a couple of days then. Thanks for this post guys!

tppt
3 years ago

@luxedo, FYI I uploaded just yesterday and now see a pgp message, so less than 24 hours for the wait.
However I’m getting a decryption error saying that the secret key is not found (although its there), any ideas?

tppt
3 years ago

Regarding the identity:

You should indicate the full id of the sender (name + email) like how it appears when you list the keys

tppt
3 years ago | edited 3 years ago

Just completed the challenge with the help of a fellow member. I wanted to give few more hints for those who are stuck (90%!).

You can complete the challenge by just using web tools and https://pgp.key-server.io/ seems faster than the other website (less than 10min delay)

luxedo
3 years ago

Thanks a lot! It worked perfectly first time!

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 13

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss