Stuck and can't make progress

24 bit

TorresWHH
4 years ago

I cant get passed the 24 Bit level, i dont know what to change the file type to.

5replies
2voices
664views
naraaz
4 years ago

Hi Torres, try opening the file in a hex or text editor (e.g. Notepad) to identify the file’s signature. This will be among the first 200 or so bytes of the files. You can cross-reference this list of common file signatures to identify what extension to change the file to; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_signatures

TorresWHH
4 years ago

Hi Naraaz, thank you for the information on the file signatures but now i am wondering if i will need to download a certain app to open the file after i have changed the file extension?

naraaz
4 years ago

Hi Torres, you shouldn’t have to. It is a pretty common format

TorresWHH
4 years ago

Hi Naraaz, i tried taking off the file extension to see all the apps i can open it with and neither of them worked.

naraaz
4 years ago

I assume you are trying on Windows, in which case you have to specify the correct extension for it to open. Have you crossed reference the file signature list? If so perhaps you would like to PM me with your findings, so we don’t spoil the challenge for other hackers.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 6

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss