Mass Confusion

Intro 4

Dr_Wombat
4 years ago

Hi. I’ve been stuck on level 4 for a little while now, and all the advice I’ve seen in other boards has either been a) check the hint, b) It’s in a file, or c) edit the url. I think I understand that the credentials are in a file somewhere in the source code. However, I don’t know where these “hints” are, I don’t know how to open files in the source code, and I don’t understand what is meant by “editing the url”. If anyone has some advice, or can point me in the direction of a helpful source, that would be much appreciated. Also sorry if I didn’t set the spoiler tag correctly, I’m not totally sure how this site works yet.

7replies
2voices
461views
Dr_Wombat
4 years ago

As an addendum, I do know what a url is, I’m just not sure how I would edit or why.

Dr_Wombat
4 years ago

Nevermind. Figured out. Still not sure where to find the hints though.

fred [feuerstein]
4 years ago

In HTML there are often referenced files. If you know HTML and read the level-source you might find some of these references. The next thing you should know is the relative path notation which is used in linux or in HTML too. With that I’d throw another keyword: path traversal.

Read a bit about that all and you should be fine with editing the URL :)

Good luck

Dr_Wombat
4 years ago

Okay, thanks. Also, I was told that each level came with a hint, do you know where these hints are?

fred [feuerstein]
4 years ago

That has been back in the days on HackThis!

Dr_Wombat
4 years ago

So it’s no longer a thing?

fred [feuerstein]
4 years ago

Some levels had a little extra-hint, hidden behind a button, like the spoiler-tags. Now some of the levels come with a description on the top. Solving these levels is your part. Don’t only rely on the forum/hints. Everybody is sometimes too blind to see and stuck somewhere and a little hint could move tons. But many are a bit too lazy and want to solve it by fly in a couple of minutes

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 8

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss