Not a clue. HTTP post method

HTTP method

ReptileGirl
4 years ago

I’ve done pretty well on figureing out the levels through reading the forums, but I can not find anything to help me with this level. I know how to make the boxes and enter in the text in html inspect element.. but I cant figure it out. When I push submit it tells me invalid log in details. I also have no idea what exactly it is asking for when it says to use the post method. For referance I know/knew next to nothing about how to start going about this one.. I had no background knowledge prior to this wonderful but frustrating site. haha

4replies
5voices
580views
fred [feuerstein]
4 years ago

You should read something about Http-Request methods. Then the fog might clear up

sosaheri
4 years ago

research too about what tool you should use for manage post method

ReptileGirl
4 years ago

still have no clue.. I understand that post method is a request to the server and the server is supose to respond.. but i have no idea where to put the script. I'v also searched where to put it and I am finding more and moe outside scources that they want me to download to run in.. I really don’t think downloading a tool is the answer.. and I’m still not positive i have this post script correct..

stencils118
4 years ago

I was stuck on this for a looooooooong time because I didn’t fully understand what I was meant to be doing, it’s relatively simple because you have the password already - all you have to do is ‘POST’ it.

You don’t need to download any tool, everything you need is in the source code. Think about how a website would normally ‘POST’ information.. find a way to create a certain object to ‘POST’ the infomation provided. Maybe check a previous level to see how its formulated.

Keep at it, you’ll eventually get it and you’ll feel a huge relief once you’ve sussed it out. Like I said, I was stuck on this for ages so much so it pissed me off royally!

Reply has been removed
You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 5

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss